Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
335
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,103

Serenity

Summary:

Pure fluff- beaches, boys, and the setting sun

Work Text:

Disclaimer: Not mine, never have been, never will be.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Thick brushstrokes of orange and purple floated welcomingly on the gently breaking waves of a dark grey sea. The light from the setting sun causing the water to shimmer like the strands of a mylar curtain. A cool breeze blew up the rocky beachhead off the ebbing water giving a sharp sting to the air.

Perched on one of the large boulders with the last of the days heat warming the stone beneath his bare feet, Dean took in the sight playing out in front of him.

Castiel was standing barefoot in the pulsing tide. His slacks rolled up to his calves, sleeves mimicking rolled to his elbows. The corners of his mouth twitching up in a soft, serene smile that Dean hadn't seen on his angel in much too long.

As the waves rushed over Cas' legs the pull of the surf burying his feet in the sun warmed sand, he raised his head, eyes searching out the warm greens of his hunter's.

A rustle of feathered wings and Cas was sitting next to Dean, pearlescent droplets of water still clinging to his legs and the tell-tale sprinkle of moist sand still caked sporadically on his feet.

A hushed whisper of "Dean" floated along the air.

"Yeah Cas?" He turned to his angel feeling the power pulse off him, his deep blue eyes sparkling with a silent request.

Smiling, Dean leant forward, their lips meeting in a tender touch like the setting sun kissing the ocean and every bit as intense.

Pulling apart, Dean held Cas' face, neck cupped possessively in his hand. As the sun fell below the horizon its tendrils of light replaced by the gentle glow of the waning moon; the thin sliver of silver mirrored against the satin calm of a stilling tide, Dean didn't think he'd ever seen a more magnificent sight than the freedom and joy in those unfathomable blue eyes.