Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
588
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,502

I Got You Babe

Summary:

SUMMARY: A declaration
NOTE: The dialogue is the lyrics to the song. This is an excersize in the narrative.
DISCLAIMERS: DON'T OWN THEM...more to follow at the end of the bit
FEEDBACK: I have more of these bits waiting to be written.... if you want to see the silliness, let me know
ARCHIVE: to the WWOMB. Anyone else, if you want it you have to ask
AUTHOR'S NOTE: FORGIVE ME

Work Text:

I Got You, Babe
by PEJA

Blair stared into the darkness, a picture of complete and absolute dejection. It scared Jim just watching the smaller man. Seeing his shoulders tremble under the weight of silent tears.

Spurred on by an overwhelming need to ease his partner's pain, Jim stepped onto the balcony and wrapped his arms protectively around Blair.

Blair's body shuddered against Jim's chest. and still they stood in silence. Each gathering the strength to say the words that needed saying.

"They say we're young and we don't know," Blair whispered through his tears, breaking the silence. "We won't find out until we grow."

Jim's arms tightened around his love. "Well, I don't know if all that's true," He leaned down, nuzzling past the chestnuts curls to warm flesh. "Cuz you got me and baby I got you."

Leaning back ito the love Jim was offering, Blair sniffled. "Babe?"

Jim chuckled, nodding. "I got you, babe," he repeated. "I got you, babe."

"They say our love won't pay the rent," Blair sighed, turning in Jim's arms until he could curl his arms up around his neck and play in the short brown hair. "Before it's earned our money's all been spent."

Jim latched onto Blair's neck, marking the smaller man as his own. "I guess that's so. We don't have a pot, " He curled a finger under Blair's chin, urging him to met his eyes. "But at least I'm sure of all the things we got." His smile was nervous as he repeated, "Babe.... I got you babe."

Blair's lips trembled into a smile. "I got you, babe." he said, amazement in his voice. "I got flowers in the spring,"

Jim lifted Blair's hand and slipped a small gold band on his finger. "I got you to wear my ring."

Blair stared a long moment at the band before a breath-taking smile broke over his lean features.

"And when I'm sad," Jim added.. "Your a clown."

Blair cupped Jim's cheek with his newly adorned hand, love shining from brillent blue eyes. "And if I get scared your always around."

Jim laughed, ruffling Blair's curls. "So let them say your hair's too long cuz I don't care, with you I can't go wrong."

Blair offered his hand to his love. "Then put your little hand in mine?"

Jim took his hand, drawing it up to kiss the ringed finger. "There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb." he vowed.

Blair nodded. "Babe, I got you, babe."

Jim stole another kiss, repeating, "I got you, babe."

Breaking away, Blair held their clasped hands up and grinned. "I got you to hold my hand."

"I got you to understand," Jim added.

"I got you to walk with me."

"I got you to talk to me."

A wicked glint lightened Blair's gaze. "I got you to kiss goodnight."

An answering glint entered Jim's blue eyes. "I got you to hold me tight."

Blair curled his arms up around Jim's back. "I got you. I won't let go."

Jim's lips sought Blair's warm neck once more, breating in the fresh scent. "I got you to love me so."

"I got you, babe."

"I got you, babe."

********

Sonny and Cher's song, "I Got You, Babe" was used without permission...so what's new in that.