Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Fourth of July Ficlets
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
212
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
15
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,766

CSIM Fourth of July

Summary:

fireworks in Miami

Work Text:

"Are we sure this is legal, let alone safe?" Calleigh couldn't hold the question back as she watched her supervisor and a few of his old bomb squad buddies prepare the first stage of their homemade fireworks display.

Frank glanced over at her with a wry grin, "Considering that they all watch Mythbusters and play with explosives for a living? Hell, no, I'm not sure. But I'm not asking, either. Besides, Robertson's wife works in the ER at Miami General, and some of her friends from work are here, too." There were close to fifty people by his guess, a mixed bunch of MDPD, crime lab, and various others connected to them. All the children had been warned off with the most dire and creative threats the mothers could come up with, and now they were all just waiting to see what would happen. Frank could only shake his head, watching the five masterminds at work. Hell, he survived his stint in Vietnam, surely he could survive one night of home-brew patriotics. All the same, he made sure he could reach one of the dozen fire extinguishers that had been scattered through the crowd. After all, his plans for after the party would be a lot less fun with a crispy-crittered boyfriend.

Series this work belongs to: