Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
254
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,009

Domestic Partners

Summary:

Missing scene in episode 1x2, as the team tries to get information on Danny's condition in the hospital

Work Text:

"I'm sorry, Mr. Stone, but I can't tell you anything." The nurse was sympathetic, but firm. "Mr. Blue's listed next-of-kin is his grandmother, and when she gets here, she can give permission for me to tell you."

Mickey looked back down the hall towards the waiting room. Albert was looking drawn and worried, not even playing with a deck of cards. Ash was standing, too worried to sit but not quite to the point of pacing, yet. When he turned back to the nurse, Mickey's expression implied he was telling secrets. He spoke quietly, "Look, he's Danny's domestic partner," he nodded his head towards Ash, "Danny hasn't told his gran yet, he's not sure how she'll take it, doesn't want to break the old dear's heart." Mickey smiled gently, "We don't need details, just something to put his mind at rest, until he can visit?"

The nurse melted a bit, completely hooked by the romantic story. She hesitated, checking to see if any of her superiors were looking, "I shouldn't say anything, but he's in surgery to remove the bullet now. Nothing certain, but the doctors were very positive."

Mickey sighed with genuine relief, "Thank you, nurse. You're a prize above rubies."

"Just wait here, and we'll let you know when he's in a room." The nurse smiled kindly as she moved off. Mickey turned back to the waiting room, just in time to catch Stacie as she rushed in. The con was done, and they were all fine. That was the important thing.