Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
204
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,070

Winter in Paris

Summary:

Toddy contemplates one of the advantages to his new relationship with Squash

Work Text:

For all its beauty, Paris had a nasty side in the winter. Toddy had heard King and Squash debating whether there would be less snow back home in Chicago or not, and Toddy couldn't blame them. It was cold, wet, and nasty these days. On the other hand, Squash was making this winter one of Toddy's more pleasant in memory. The big man was surprisingly gentle and thoughtful. Toddy always found his pajamas hung on a chair by the heater so they'd be warm, and an extra blanket was always handy to the bed. Toddy was touched that his younger lover took such good care of him, especially as the cold seemed to bother him more than it had in the past. And, of course, Squash himself helped with that a great deal. The man was like a furnace, and thankfully he didn't mind Toddy sleeping as closely as possible. Victoria had mentioned something similar about King the other day, praising both the hotel and her Mob-Prince Charming for making Paris seem so much more friendly than it had in her days in that rat-trap motel.

Toddy had delighted in her reaction to his enthusiastic, "God bless hot-blooded American lovers on cold winter nights!"