Actions

Work Header

Untitled Penguins of Madagascar

Summary:

day 25 and last of my Advent fic series

Work Text:

"Down below, people looked up, for they could hear a voice somewhere above the clouds. It was a penguin whose wings didn't work, laughing because he surely /was/ flying on Christmas morning." The girl turned the book to give them a better look at the picture of the penguin being carried by the ducks.

"Finally! Come on, let's get out of here. I don't know why you insist on reading them a story every year. It's twenty degrees outside on Christmas Eve, for crying out loud!" Alice hurried the girl away, grumbling non-stop even as the girl turned back to smile and wave, cheerfully calling that she'd be back next year.

"I liked the book she read last year better. The songs were funny." Private grinned and waved back at the girl. "And she's so nice. Not what you'd expect Alice's niece to be like at all."

Skipper shook his head, "If I hadn't seen the girl's mother I wouldn't believe it."

"The red hair is distinctive. One assumes the girl got her personality from her father's side. Either that or she was switched at birth," Kowalski agreed.

Skipper clapped his fins, "All right, men. Now that she's visited, it it officially Christmas. You have one hour to retrieve gifts from hiding. Private, inform Marlene. ; Kowalski, prep the lights; Rico, the tree. I'll get the food. Operation St. Nick is a go."

Series this work belongs to: