Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 23 of The Advent Calender Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
315
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,070

Untitled CSI: Miami

Summary:

day 23 of my Advent fic series

Work Text:

"Calleigh, can I pick the next cd?"

Calleigh grinned and waved towards the stack of music, "Sure, Maddy. Are you having fun? Talked to Santa yet?" She nodded towards where Frank was holding court over by the Christmas tree, enthralling Alexx's kids with tales of how the reindeer keep in shape during the year.

Maddy giggled, with an expression that said trouble to Calleigh, "Yeah, I saw Santa already."

Calleigh snagged a sip of her eggnog as she considered her friends. It was nice of Horatio to hold a Christmas party for the team and some of the lab techs at his house. They really had pulled together recently, becoming more of the family they'd been before the rockier times. As the cd started playing, however, her attention was caught by a very rare sight: Horatio was blushing. Not spectacularly, but his cheeks /were/ definitely pink, and he was fidgeting. Maddy was giggling, and she was watching Horatio with a wicked grin on her face. Frank was laughing, too. She watched him walk over and lean down to speak quietly in H's ear. She'd just barely begun to wonder what he'd said to make H blush more, when suddenly Frank had H in a dip and deep in a serious lip-lock.

There was a moment of stunned silence filled with the strains of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus", when Maddy's exclamation of, "I /told/ you I saw Uncle H kissin' Santa!" shattered it. There was good-natured laughing, a few cheers, and a cheerful admonishment to get a room. Of course, there were also several people moving to check the eggnog and punch bowls, just to make sure the two men weren't under the influence. And several others were hurriedly tucking cell phones back into their pockets.

It was a room full of investigators, after all. They wanted to have proof of this joyous moment.

Series this work belongs to: