Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 19 of The Advent Calender Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
306
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
971

Untitled Taken

Summary:

one more in my Advent series

Work Text:

It was like I'd stepped back in time to a Christmas before the divorce. The condo's small but comfortable, kind of like the house we'd lived in when I was really little. Mom was smiling and laughing with Dad's buddies, not frostily correcting them when they called her "Lennie". Of course, I was doing the same thing. Since Paris, I've told everyone to call me Kim. It just felt like it was time for me to grow up a little, and that was a first step. But these guys were my uncles, they've known me my whole life, and they know what happened to me. So if they want to call me Kimmie, I don't mind.

Of course, there were a few things different this year. For one thing, they let me have a glass of the spiked eggnog. It only took a couple sips to convince me I like it better without the lethal dose of rum in it. There was the fact that Mom was sitting with her hand on Stuart's leg, and he had his arm around her shoulders. I hadn't thought about it before, but it's the first time he's come to Dad's world. Every other time we were all together, it was Dad coming to Stuart's house or Stuart's choice of restaurant. That wasn't fair, but we're changing that.

Of course, the biggest difference was who caught Dad under the mistletoe. It was kinda weird to watch Sam and Dad making out, but not totally gross. After everything Dad went through to find me, I figure the least I can do is be happy he's found someone to love. And Dad looked really happy. Happier than I've seen him in a really, really long time. Besides, from the ribbing the other guys were giving them, it's been a long time coming.

Series this work belongs to: