Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 15 of The Advent Calender Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
264
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,151

Untitled Star Trek (original series)

Summary:

another in my Advent fic series

Work Text:

Senior members of the movement took over his lessons, allowing Spock a day for solitary meditation. If they assumed that he was meditating on matters pertinent to their work to reunite Vulcans and Romulans, he felt no need to correct their assumptions. They saw him as Vulcan, master of his emotions. They ignored his human heritage from his mother, and the many years he had spent serving in Star Fleet with crews that were mostly comprised of humans.

There was no particular meaning to this day in Vulcan history. No meaning in Romulan history, no connection to any particular mission Spock had been on. Jim had given this day it's meaning, lying in bed with him as they made their way back to Earth from Khitomer.

***"Did your mother celebrate Christmas, Spock?"

He and Jim had been involved too long for such apparent non sequitur to phase him, "She did her best, but neither my father nor I was particularly receptive to it. What makes you ask?"

"Gorkon's assassination. I hadn't seen that much Klingon blood, that fresh, before. It made me think."

"I fail to see the relevance."

"Their blood is pink. Mine is red, yours is green. Red and green, Christmas colors. And we'll be on Earth in time for Christmas."

"Then we should celebrate the holiday, as well as the fact that so little of our blood was shed in the pursuit of peace."***

Today, on Earth, the date was December 25. For nearly eighty years, Spock had spent his Christmases alone. But he never forgot Jim, or stopped loving him.

Series this work belongs to: