Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
584
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,904

Your Smile Your Touch Your Eyes

Summary:

Short vignette from KITT's point of view.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

KITT watched as Micheal approached, his scanner bar quickening in anticipation. He didn't have a heart to quicken at the sight of his lover, to skip a beat when he smiled or talked – but he had his scanner bar. And unlike a human heart it was a visible thing. KITT often couldn't control it as much his lover could control the beating of his heart. It quickened when he was hard at work, excited, happy, or angry. It slowed when he was resting, powered down, idle, or damaged. And it remained a normal steady back and forth motion at all other times or when he was content.

He couldn't hide his sensor bar from Micheal but he wouldn't dare. Not when he smiled like he did when he saw it. Not when he glanced down at it to gauge his reactions or his partner's mood as he occasionally did.

Micheal smiled now seeing the quickened pace of KITT's sensor bar, a slight change in speed from the usual pace of it. He looked up at the window – KITT's CPU giving a halting start. He supposed he could consider that a skipping beat of a heart. That look from Micheal always made him falter with pleasure. That look... was breathtaking. Even more so because it was always and only for him.

It was in his eyes. A blue so vibrant and powerful. Especially now in the way the rising, morning sunlight was reflecting in them. Making them so much bluer and brighter than usual. The look – that look – a mixture of possessiveness that screamed 'you are mine', love, affection, and awe... it was if Micheal was gazing at a masterpiece and the feeling sparked something in KITT so profoundly powerful it made his circuits heat up to an almost intolerable level.

Bonnie had explained to him after a baffling afternoon when he had actually started to smoke during his and Micheal's more intimate moments that it had been caused by an overactive CPU. She had fixed that with better wiring and warning him not to let his CPU get so... overwhelmingly active.

It was impossible. Not with that look.

And not with his touch. Which came right after the look.

No words. Rarely any words. Absolutely none were needed.

He never felt it – not really. It wasn't possible for him to. But he saw it. He saw the instant Micheal's hand made contact with his hood, caressing briefly with long fingers, pressing his palm onto the smooth surface. He saw and watched – riveted as a extraordinarily beautiful hand trailed up his hood, over his fender above his left front wheel, down towards where the windshield wipers rested, and finally stopping.

Micheal leaned down – the touch of his lips... KITT would have achieved instant sexual gratification could he have been able at that very second. Sometimes he wondered if he hadn't developed a way to do just that.

When Micheal's lips touched just two inches where his windshield met his hood something quite possibly sparked and exploded inside KITT. He could pinpoint the exact place, the exact circuit, but he couldn't possibly in that one second. Only Micheal – only Micheal could stop his CPU so utterly, completely, and instantly.

There came a breath of a soft exhale against the bullet proof super polymer that wasn't quite glass of his windshield. “Good morning.”

KITT almost choked out something incomprehensible but managed to stop himself at the last moment.

“Good morning Micheal.”

Micheal smiled against the glass.

 

~END~

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Vetesse.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.