Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
417
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,147

In His Eyes

Summary:

In his beloved Captain's eyes, Smee sees all the answers he'll ever need.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:



In His Eyes
by Pirate Turner

 

 

        He sees the stars in his love's eyes. Every night when they lay down together and James gazes out the solitary window in his Captain's cabin, Smee has no need to look at the sky for the answers his love so desperately seeks, for in his Captain's eyes, he sees everything he'll ever need.

        He sees the reflection of memories of happy times come and gone and the hint of troubles yet to arrive upon their gangplank but winging quickly their way, sent by the same dratted boi who destroyed his lover's hand. He sees the years beginning to take their toll on James' handsome vision but also the determination of the valiant man who'll stop at nothing to keep him safe and one day secure their dreams of freedom.

        He sees the dear boy lost within the man fighting to right every wrong that has befallen them. He recognizes the longing child within yearning only to be loved, the lover who sets his soul aflame with passion and love with the slightest touch, and the hero who fights beside and in front of him every day, striving to free their world from the tyranny of Pan and deliver to them a bright, happier life. He sees the sorrows of the man who, so far, has yet to achieve that dream and the plaguing worry that he'll never win.

        He sees a man down on his luck, short on hope, but full of love. He watches the soul of his better half and knows, because he sees the undying love still gleaming in his dark orbs, that no matter what happens, what trouble comes their way or harms befall them, everything will be all right in the end because James loves him.

        James has doubted himself ever since the loss of his hand, but Smee knows he can move mountains; best the accursedly eternal boi; paint their future with every color of the rainbow; and do anything else he sets his mind to. Smee knows that as long as James loves him, their future is bright for it's full of love and with love, anything is possible.

        As James lays awake each sleepless night, his dark, troubled eyes seeking the stars for answers, Smee lays in his love's arms and watches the adoring eyes of the Captain of his heart for all the answers he'll ever need are waiting and shining right there in his beloved soul mate's eyes.


The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.