Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
3,511
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
18
Hits:
1,996

20 Firsts: Knight Rider

Summary:

20 firsts challenge prompt featuring Micheal/KITT from Knight Rider.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

“Micheal?”

“Yes Kitt?” Micheal smiled, gazing contentedly up at the stars as he held his lover close and in his arms. He had done this numerous times before with Kitt but never before as a human. And he hadn't been able to hold him then either. Being able to now was a dream come true.

“Why haven't...”

Micheal's smile faded and he frowned over at Kitt in concern. Now that he was looking at him and studying him close he could see a matching frown creasing Kitt's brow. His heart skipped a beat. He was new to having a relationship with the male gender. He had never given it a thought before he had fallen head over heels in love with an AI in the body of a car with a decidedly male personality. Feminine and wholly and uniquely Kit but still indisputably male.

He nearly panicked now thinking he had done something to upset Kitt, that he might not have provided him with something essential. He had been trying to reassure himself that while he was new to dating and loving his own gender he wasn't new to relationships and he wasn't bad at them either. But it did little to assuage his anxiety and it seemed well founded now. Had he done something wrong? Was Kitt unsatisfied?

“Why haven't we what?” He asked, rolling over onto his side and holding himself up on an elbow, reaching out and stroking a strand of hair back from Kitt's eyes.

“I'm uncertain as to a few aspects of human relationships. Could you explain them to me? If you have the knowledge?”

“Of course.” Micheal said.

“How do you humans... begin a relationship?”

“Well usually one person asks another person on a date.” Micheal stopped short, everything dawning on him in one single instant, hitting him like a ton of bricks. He had never taken Kitt on a date.

He could see the question in Kitt's eyes. It hadn't been an accusation. It was an honest question. Kit wasn't really sure why Micheal had never asked him on a date.

“Oh pal... I'm so sorry.”

“Sorry?” Kitt asked.

“I've never taken you on a date... I guess because I know and I love you already.” Micheal continued to explain, drawing in a breath, when Kitt looked more confused than before, “When you like a person and they like you too you date them. The point is to get to know them better and see if the potential for a relationship is there. Then if it is and you hit it off you... get together. Make it official.”

“Then you don't... go on dates anymore?”

“You do.” Micheal sighed, “I have no excuse for this. I've just been caught up this past week... having you finally like this. I never gave it a thought. And I'm very sorry. I'm sure this has hurt you a good deal.”

“I... honestly it did.”

“I'm sure.”

“Is it... because I'm the same gender as you?”

“Kit you always have been.” Micheal said, pained.

“Not physically.”

“I loved you as a car and I can love you as a man.” Micheal said, “Because I already love you. With all my heart. And I'm going to make this up to you.”

“I don't want you to... take me on a date because you feel as though you have to make it up to me.”

“I want to.” Micheal leaned down and gave him a slow, tender kiss, then drew back with an excited smile, taking Kitt's hand and helping him to his feet, “C'mon.”

“Where are we going?”

“That is a surprise.” Micheal smiled, wrapping an arm around Kitt. He loved to have Kitt near him and him being a man didn't change that. But keeping a steadying arm around him had a dual purpose as well. Kitt was still learning to be human and mobility was still occasionally a difficult thing. He could be awkward and fast movements often triggered a clumsy stumble. The last thing Micheal wanted him to do was fall and he had been keeping a close eye on him from the start.

He made sure Kitt was safely in the passenger seat of their 86' TVR Tasmin before heading around to the driver's side, reaching over and giving his lover's hand a squeeze, “If you don't mind I'm going to have you stay with Devon for a couple hours.”

“Why?” Kitt asked, confused.

Micheal raised his eyebrows at him, smiling wryly, “It is a surprise.”

“Micheal... you know you're very easy to read.”

“Shut up. Don't ruin the surprise.”

Kitt grinned and looked out the window, “Perish the thought.”

Micheal chuckled to himself and pushed the accelerator down, turning the Tasmin out onto the highway and letting it loose. Still... he missed the Knight Two Thousand. Never again would he feel that kind of pure, unbridled speed. He wondered if Kit missed it too. He was sure he did.

Micheal quickly turned his thoughts to the night at hand, eager to plan the best date he possibly could for Kitt.

He parked out front of the large rolling mansion estate that was the Foundation for Law and Government Los Angeles headquarters. He had all intentions of helping Kit out of the car or at least being there in case he needed help but he was partway around the sports car before Kit was already independently trying to do it himself. Micheal didn't rush over, didn't want to smother him, but when Kitt stumbled he was there, catching him by the arm, putting a hand lightly on his side, “Got it?” He asked.

Kitt nodded, looking a little embarrassed but overall just angry and frustrated, “I was a lot more graceful as a car than I am now.”

Micheal smiled, trying to make light of the situation, “You know you being stubborn as a human though is a lot easier to manage.”

Kitt shot him a look and Micheal gently rubbed his arm, softening his tone and his expression, gazing at him with all the love and tenderness he could convey, “You're also a lot easier to catch when you fall.”

Looking immensely touched Kitt looked at a loss for words, smiling at his lover.

“C'mon.” Micheal smiled, holding out a hand.

Kitt slipped a slim hand into his and followed him into FLAG headquarters.

 

Micheal left Kitt under Bonnie's more than qualified supervision and pulled Devon aside in the other man's office, drawing in a deep breath with a smile, “I need a favor.”

“What would that be?”

“I just need Kitt to stay with either you or Bonnie for a few hours.”

“Ah... well every couple needs some time apart at times –”

“No, no.” Micheal sighed, “Devon I realized today that I haven't even taken Kit out on one date.”

“Not even when he was a car? Micheal shame on you.”

At the slightly mischievous and playful glint in Devon's eyes Micheal shot the older man a look, “Not that easy to take your lover out on a date when he's a car Devon.”

Devon smiled, “I merely meant that you and Kitt have a relationship founded on... rather unusual circumstances. To say the least.” He added with a raised eyebrow, “And the fact that taking him out on a date has never occurred to you is something that you shouldn't feel guilty about.”

“Am I that easy to read?”

“It's all over your face.”

Micheal winced, “I bet. I don't feel like Kitt needs a baby sitter but...”

“We'll keep an eye on him.” Devon smiled with a wink, patting Micheal's arm.

“Thanks Devon.” He said as he headed to the door with long strides, “I have a date to plan.”

“Good luck.” Devon called after him.

Micheal stopped at the door way, turning back to look at his former boss with a slightly pained and wistful expression on his face, “You know I'm happy you or Bonnie wishing me luck doesn't have a 'be careful' at the end of it anymore.”

Devon smiled a bittersweet smile, “Me too.”

Micheal lingered a second longer and then left.


He found Kitt with Bonnie, both sitting out on the stone patio by the fountain in back. Micheal shared a glance with Bonnie, who stood politely and made an excuse to leave.

“I'll see you later all right Kitt?”

Kitt nodded, smiling up at Micheal.

Bonnie smiled at him herself and put a hand on his arm as she left.

“Kitt.” Micheal smiled, sitting down in Bonnie's former seat across from his lover, reaching out and taking one of his hands, “Would you like to go out on a date with me tonight?”

Kitt smiled, nodding, “I would.” He said softly.

“Good.” Micheal lifted Kitt's hand up to his lips and then leaned forward, meeting his lips tenderly with his own in a slow, lingering kiss as he cupped Kitt's chin in a hand, “Mmm... pick you up here at eight?”

Kitt nodded, looking partially excited and partially nervous, smiling an endearingly shy smile.

“Okay.” Micheal moved to stand and gave him a wink, “See you later.”

Kit stood as his lover turned to walk away, “Micheal?”

“Yeah Kitt?” Micheal asked, turning around.

“I... am not sure what I'm supposed to do.” Kitt looked momentarily frustrated, “I understand the concept of dates. I have seen you go on enough of them to understand their meaning however –”

“What?” Micheal frowned, reaching down and taking each of his lover's hands in his own, holding them up to his chest.

Kitt looked suddenly worried, “In all those dates I witnessed you attend... it seemed as though your focus was to... have sex with all of them.”

“Oh well...” Micheal shifted on one foot, feeling decidedly put on the spot, “That isn't the point of a date. Or it shouldn't be.”

“But that was what you were trying to accomplish?”

Micheal winced but answered honestly, “Not... in every circumstance. I just liked the company, the intimacy but... yeah. Sex afterwords was always... something to hope for.”

“So it wasn't necessary?”

“No.” Micheal pulled Kitt closer and wrapped an arm around him, rubbing his back, “My whole life changed when I met you. I didn't think about dating women and before we became lovers I only thought so much about sex with women that I dated because I knew I'd probably never see them again. There was no time to take anything slow with any of them. And I regretted that before I fell in love with you. But everything is different now. You're not just another girl and I'm not driving off into the sunset anymore. You're my lover, my best friend, my pal, my partner.” Micheal smiled, “I love you with all my heart and sex doesn't have to come right away. When we're both ready it'll happen. But there is no rush.”

Kitt let out a breath of relief.

Micheal smiled and tipped his chin up with a hand, “Hey. If we could make love when you were a car we can do it now.”

Kitt smiled, a sultry glint in his eyes no doubt at the memories Micheal's words invoked and Micheal himself had to will down his own arousal at the thoughts. Neither were ready for anything sexual. At least Micheal wasn't. And more than anything they needed to take things slow and easy.

“I'll see you tonight at eight.”

Kitt smiled and nodded, sharing a parting kiss with his lover and then watching him leave.

 

Kitt heard the door open and shut as someone entered the small library he had become fond of since making the transition from automobile to human but didn't look. He instead watched Micheal leave in the TVR with a slight squealing of tires and down the drive, out of his sight.

“He still drives as though he's driving the Knight Two Thousand.” Kitt smiled softly but it wasn't an easy smile.

“Do you miss it?” Devon asked

“I... don't know what to feel. I'm... very happy I'm human for hundreds of reasons but a part of me feels as though its missing. A very large part.”

“Understandable. It's only been a month. You need more time to adjust.”

“I suppose so.”

Devon smiled and put a hand on his arm, “Come. We need to get you ready for a date.”

Kitt tried not to feel anxious as he followed Devon out the door.

 

Micheal tried not to feel anxious as he pulled up to FLAG headquarters at exactly five minutes to eight. He had pulled out all the stops, tailored the date ahead of them to what he thought Kitt would like and would appreciate. It hadn't been easy considering that Kitt was still learning his likes and dislikes as a human as much as Micheal was.

He didn't show up with flowers, still unsure of what Kitt would think of that, but did offer his arm to him as Kitt came down the stairs, dressed impeccably in a blue silk shirt and black pants.

“You look amazing.” Micheal smiled, giving him a tender kiss.

“You look rather dashing yourself. Very debonaire.”

Micheal glanced up at the stairs, glad the anxious wait as he had watched Kitt walk down them was over.

Kitt laughed lightly and caught his glance, “I've been practicing walking down those particular stairs for the past hour.”

“No mishaps?”

“Only... four.” Kitt smiled and nodded towards the door, “I believe you were going to take me somewhere?”

“After you.” Micheal smiled, opening the door for him.

Kitt was admittedly excited as he headed out the door with Micheal, getting into the passenger side of the Tasmin. He was anxious as well – even though Devon had explained to him that the point was to just have fun. Kitt wasn't so worried about that. He was already having fun.

But he was surprised, and a little confused, when they pulled up to their beach front home.

Micheal smiled, “You're surprised.”

“I am. I thought that to go 'out' on a date you had to go out and not back inside your house.”

“That is not true.” Micheal smiled, “A date can be just as much at home than it can be anywhere else. Allow me to show you.”

Micheal got out of the Tasmin and came around to Kitt's side of the car, once more offering his arm. In this circumstance he was glad it allowed the formality. He had an excuse to help Kitt out of the car and into the house and so far Kitt wasn't balking at the gesture.

Micheal led Kitt through the front gate of their house and up to the small sidewalk to their front door, opening it for him and gently guiding him through with a hand on his back.

“What do you think? And be honest.”

Standing at the door it allowed a view of the front deck where a small table was set out and adorned with a candle, white tablecloth, and places set for two. The rest of the lights in the house were either dimmed or completely off, drawing focus entirely to the candlelit table. Faintly in the background Kitt could hear soft, jazz like music.

“I like it.” He murmured and briefly wondered if that was a sigh of relief he heard from Micheal from behind him.

Micheal led him over to the table and pulled out Kitt's chair for him, waiting until he was comfortably seated and then headed to the kitchen to get their preplanned dinner. One for a change that he hadn't made. He had wanted everything to be perfect and so he had ordered a caterer. Micheal knew he was a good cook but he also knew his limits.

“I hope you like this.” Micheal smiled, meeting Kitt's eyes as he placed the plate of light pasta and stuffed shells in front of him.

“I'm sure I will.” Kitt smiled warmly at him.

Micheal grinned briefly and sat down, pouring them both some very light wine, putting just a little in Kitt's glass. He had been warned that Kitt could be easily overwhelmed by the allure and new sensations his new body offered him. Including his new sense of taste. Especially his sense of taste. It would be all too easy for him to get excited and try to eat too much at once. But he was also new to wine and the last thing he wanted to do was to get him drunk.

“I debated on the wine but if you just drink that what I gave you – slowly – you should be fine. Just... slowly.”

Kitt nodded seriously as he picked up the glass.

“Wait.” Micheal smiled, “Try and eat a little first. I don't want you drinking any amount of wine on an empty stomach.”

Kitt abandoned the glass for now – much to Micheal's relief – and picked up his silverware. Also to his relief with a new found grace he hadn't had until a couple days ago.

He watched him close as he tried some of the pasta, smiling at Kitt's expression which was a mixture of pure pleasure and amazement. Micheal grinned. Watching Kitt experience new things felt like he was experiencing them all for the first time himself.

“I think we have a winner.”

“I have been eating food for a full week now and...” Kitt looked appropriately baffled, “Everything new is still an overwhelming explosion of sensory perception.”

“In a good or bad way?” Micheal asked, digging into his own pasta.

“Depends on the stimulus.” Kitt said, tilting his head to one side – a gesture he had started to do almost from the start. And one that Micheal found endearing and so Kitt it reassured him a good deal. Kitt was still Kitt even though he was no longer a car. That much was very certain. He was proving that to Micheal every second of every day from small things to big things.

“Remember my first introduction to the pain humans experience?”

“Oh yeah.” Micheal murmured. Kitt had run into a table six days into his physical therapy and... it was still hard for him to think about.

“I burned my hand yesterday on the stove and it still felt just as bad as the first time.”

Micheal let out a breath, “Maybe we should talk to Doctor Stone about that.”

“I hope its only a matter of getting used to it.”

“Me too. And I think it is.” Micheal stopped himself from saying 'pal' and smiled, “You now I've been thinking about something.”

“You do that more often than most people give you credit for. Namely me.”

Micheal let out a surprised laugh, “Wow. The truth comes out.”

Kitt covered his hand as he laughed, between a bite of pasta and swallowing it, shaking his head, “No Micheal I know for a fact you spend more time thinking than most people.” He smiled at him, eyes softening.

Micheal smiled, “I've realized that I'm going to have to stop calling you 'pal' and 'buddy'.”

“Why?”

“You actually like that now? As you are?”

“I... it feels awkward. Admittedly.”

“Yeah it does. And... you know now that I'm thinking about it... calling you that as a car... feels... bad.”

“Why? As I've come to understand it humans give nicknames often to show affection.”

Micheal studied Kitt close, “You didn't mind that I called you those things as a car? Really? Think about that.”

“I... Micheal I didn't.” Kitt said, “At times... it made me feel more like your trusty steed than your partner but –”

“See? That's what I'm talking about! That's why it feels wrong now.”

“But it also made me feel as though you cared for me.” Kitt smiled.

“Really?” Micheal asked.

“Very much so.” Kitt smiled at him, “I... remember those words very fondly.”

“But you have to admit it's not so appropriate now.” Micheal chuckled.

“Not... in terms of what those names mean.”

“How would you like sweetheart?” Micheal murmured, smiling at him.

Kitt appeared to balk at the name at first, torn between a blush and a look of indignation.

“Baby?” He asked, trying to clamp down on a grin. But Kitt surprised him with a look that border lined on 'I know something you don't' and mischief.

“You've called me that before.”

Micheal blinked, “I have?”

Kitt nodded.

“When?”

“When we were stuck in that mud pit. As you were trying to get both of us out of that you actually said it twice.”

“I... did.” Micheal realized, “Wow.”

“I do realize that people often speak to their cars this way when they want something from them but... I found it curious all the same.”

“I bet. Why didn't you say something?”

“I was...” Kitt glanced away, “Embarrassed by it.”

“You know... I think I like pal after all. What do you think buddy?”

Kitt smiled warmly, “It does have a nice ring to it.”

“It does.” Micheal leaned across the table, taking his hand and giving him a slow, tender kiss.

 

 

 

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Vetesse.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.