Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,866
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
3
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,710

Johnny Fall's

Summary:

A Scene From Floor Brigade

Work Text:

     Climbing up a tower was not tricky. But for Johnny is be came very dangerous.

     Johnny was in a rush. He was climbing up the tower way too fast.

     Captain Stanley yelled up to Johnny, you are climbing too fast. Slow down before you fall. But Johnny did not hear what his captain said.

     Johnny you are climbing too fast, slow down, Roy said.

     But this information came too late.

     Johnny''s foot slipped off the rung of the ladder. He hit his ribs. It was a very painful.

     Johnny are you okay, Roy said.

     Yeah, I just hit my ribs, said Johnny.

     Johnny was having trouble catching his breath.

     You sure you are okay, said Roy asked again. He was a little worried. He notice that his young partner was having trouble breathing.

     Yeah, I'm fine, said Johnny.

     Well, let me help you to get back on the ladder.

     Okay, said Johnny.

     Meanwhile, Chet was climbing up the ladder. Chet could not believe how blue Johnny looked around his mouth.

     Johnny are you okay, said Chet. Did you break anything.

     No, I don't think so, said Johnny.

     Roy started climbing back to the top, he needed to get to the victim, he has not moved at all.

     Be careful Roy the rungs are very slippery.

     You bet said, Roy.

     When Roy reached the top, he was very angry in what he found,

     Somebody was playing a really stupid prank.

     Captain Stanley yelled, watch out to Mike and Marco. They all were standing around the dummy. The dummy were dressed like a person.

     It's a dummy said, Captain Stanley.

      Meanwhile, Johnny was having trouble climbing down, his foot slipped off the rung again, he hit his ribs a second time.

     Chet started climbing down, when He saw Johnny fall. Cap I need some help with Johnny.

     Marco stated climbing up, Roy meet them on the flat form. Johnny was sitting down, trying to catch his breath.

     They finally got Johnny off the flat from. 

     Chet walked over by the dunny and asked, who would play a childish joke, like this.

     An Officer, said they would. He was holding two fourteen year olds by the arms.

     These two wiseguys thought it would be funny to put this dummy up there on the top of the tower.

     You mean to tell me, that you too kids climbed all the wat to the to of the tower caring, that dummy too.

     Was it hard to climb up there, were you too scared that you might have fallen, Johnny asked.

     No, it was really easy, said one of the boys.

     Well it looks like were in the wrong kind of business, or you are.

     Roy and Johnny were not happy about this, they wanted to teach these boys, that someone could have been killed.

     Well Johnny, said Roy we need to go to Rampart. 

     What for said, Johnny.

     Squad 51, go ahead Squad 51, 10-8 to Rampart. Ten-Four Squad 51.

     Roy and Johnny walked into Rampart.

     Hi, Dix, said Roy.

     Hi Roy, Hi Johnny.

     How was that rescue, two kids playing a very stupid joke.

     Is there a doctor available.

      Yeah Joe, hes in the doctor lounge.

     Thanks Dix, Roy said.

      What's wron Dix, asked.

     Well Johnny had a little fall, he hit his ribs, but when he was climbing down his foot slipped again and he hit his ribs again.

     Roy, I said I was fine.

     I just goit the wind knocked out of me.

     Roy, yes Dix, treatment room 3 is open.

     Johnny take off you shirt, and Dr. Early will be in shortly.

     Dix went to page Dr. Early, treatment room 3, Dr. Early, treatment room 3.

     Dr. Early came in, hello Roy, hello John, what bring you in today.

     It's johnny, said Roy.

     What's wrong Johnny.'

     Well my foot slipped off the rung of the ladder i was climbing up, I hit my ribs. But while I was climbing down my foot slipped off again and I hit my ribs, it was on the same side as before,

     Well let me examine you, Okay Johnny.

     Okay.

     Dix, check his vitals, okay.

     BP is 120/90, respiration is 25, pulse is 100, Johnny you vitals are really good.

     Good, said Johnny.

     Well I'm going to order an x-rays, to make sure there is no breaks.

     Okay, said Johnny.

     Dr. Early went over the x-rays, and then he went over to Johnny, how does that fill Johnny. He was filling his ribs, and Johnny said it felt pretty good. 

     Johnny, the x-rays showed bo breaks.

     Good said, Johnny.

     I think you just got the wind knocked out of you.

     Thats what I thought, said Johnny.

     If you start to have trouble breathing, or you developed a cough, you come back iimmediately, said Dr. Early.

     Okay said, Johnny.

     Dr. Early looked at Roy, yeah I'll keep and eye on him.

     Later that evening.

     At dinner time, Johnny did not fill very well. He just picked at his food. He ate very little.

     Roy asked, hey Johnny are you allright.

     Yeah Roy, I;m just tired.

     Roy asked are you sure Junior.

     Yeah Pally I'm fine, I'm going to lie down in the dorm,

     A couple hours later, Chet went into the dorm, he was checking on Johnny.

     Hes sleeping, Roy,

     Roy was getting really worried about his young partner.

     Captain Stanley went in to check on Johnny. He asleep, but he looks like he is a little blue around his mouth,

     Roy went into the dorm.

     He went to were Johnny was sleeping. He quickly checked his vitals, Cap his vitals are really good.

     Okay, then well keep checking on him.

     Marco was the next to check on Johnny, hes sleeping.

     Another hour went by, Mike was the next to check on Johnny.

     Mike yelled Roy, hes having trouble breathing.

     Roy came running into the dorm. He saw his young partner, struggling for a breath.

     Mike help me get him on the floor. 

     Marco and Chet get the drug box, and the oxygen, and the biophone.

     Johnny, Johnny, are you okay. 

     I don't know said Johnny, I'm having trouble catching my breath.

     I'm checking you vitals, okay Johnny.

     But Johnny did not respond.

     Johnny wake up, Johnny wake up.

     Uh, wh- what's wrong Roy.

     Johnny are you having a little trouble breathing.

     A little, said Johnny.

     In the meantime, Captain Stanley went to the microphone. He said Station 51 we have a still alarm here paramedic down, repeat paramedic down, please respond and ambulance. Ten four, Station 51, we are standing you down, Ten-four, said Captain Stanley.

     But Roy I'm fine, said Johnny.

     Johnny if you are find, why are you struggling to breath and yoy have a blue tint around your mouth,

     Johnny started to cough.

     How long have you been coughing, Johnny.

     A couple of hours,

     And you did not tell me Roy said, a little anger showing to his partner.

     I thought it was just a tickle.

     Roy begun to look at Johnny.

     Johnny do you ribs hurt.

     Yeah, a little.

     I need to take a look at your ribs, okay.

     Okay, said Johnny.

      Roy took off Johnny's shirt, and he saw a very big bruise on the left side of his body. Johnny this bruise is really big.

     Johnny I need to take you vitals again.

     No, Roy I'm fine.

     Rampart this is County 51, Rampart this County Five-One, how do you read me.

      Lound and clear 51, go ahead, said Dr. Early.

       Rampart we have a paramedic down at the station, male 26 years old, having trouble breathing, he injured his ribs in a fall earlier today. Stand by for vitals. Pulse is 120 respiration are 20 and labored bp is 90 over 65. Rampart be advised that the patient is Johnny Gage.

     Ten-Four 51.

     Chet get me the scope.

     Right away, said Chet.

     He started to feel bad about two hours ago.

     I asked him several time this evening if he was feeling good, and he would say yeah, I'm fine or I'm just a little tired.

     Okay, 51 start an IV D5W TKO, ten-four D5W TKO.

     Ambulance just arrived, transporting now, Rampart.

     The ride to the hospital was a really quick ride.

     Treatment room 1, said Dix.

     Dr. Early ordered some more x-rays. Well it looks like you have three broken ribs. How did this happen. We had only one call tonight. He played a little basketball before dinner. He lost he has to wash dishes tonight. Well he won't be washing any dishes tonight. Johnny you have to spend to night here with us. 

     Oh, do I have to Doc.

     Yes I;m afraid your ribs could injure your lung. And I also I'm sorry to tell you that you have to take a month off so those ribs can hell.

     Oh, dam, Dr. Early I need to work.

     Sorry Johnny, you need to rest now.

     Well I guess you need to find a replacement for me, for the next month.

     Oh, said Roy.

     Why, asked Roy.

     Dr. Early said I need a lot of rest, so those ribs can heal.

     Man this sucks, I really need the money, now what I'm I going to do.

     You said it, Junior.

      I bet you partner will be Craig Brice, that would be a very funny sight.

     Craig Brice was Roy's partner, and Roy could not wait for johnny to get back.

     Four weeks later.

     Johnny welcome back, Roy said. How's your ribs.

     Fine said, Johnny. It is real good to be back.

     Are you ready to get back to work Johnny.

     Yeah, I can hardly wait said Johnny.

     Okay, lets go and get change.

     Sweet, said Johnny.

      Dr. Early told me to be careful, make sure I don't hit my ribs. 

     Captain Stanley yelled roll call in five minutes.

     Everyone lined up, welcome back Johnny. Not lets get started.

      Johnny's first day back to work was a very easy day. It was a very good day for Johnny.

                         The End