Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2004-09-04
Words:
629
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
3
Kudos:
18
Hits:
1,338

Adorable

Summary:

Disclaimer: I do not own any characters from the Matrix.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Adorable
By zelgadisgreywood

 

Eyes opened to the real world for the first time. Burning from disuse, they squinted, trying to make out the people staring down at this aching body.

The pain was not as bad as Smith had expected. Apparently the stories about muscle atrophy were exaggerated. He felt almost no soreness in this body's muscles.

He started to sit up, but was pushed back down, gently, by hands he guessed belonged to Morpheus.

"Hey, kid. Relax. Your arms and legs are going to be a little sore for a few days, but they'll get better. I promise. You've been asleep for five days. Are you hungry?"

"Morpheus, why..." Smith stopped. He opened his eyes again, and slowly raised a hand to look at it.

The hand was small and delicate, a child's hand. This was not what he was expecting. What the hell was going on?

"What the...?!"

"I know you're scared," Morpheus said, in a reassuring voice.

Smith found Morpheus's tone a bit condescending. "Go to hell, Morpheus." He cringed at that voice.

"Now, now," Morpheus scolded, gently. "You don't want Trinity to give you a spanking."

"Oh, come on, Morpheus. You know I wouldn't spank her. She's just scared, that's all."

She?

Agent Smith felt aghast as Trinity picked him... or was it her.. up and swung her around for a moment before settling her back down on the floor.

She scampered over to Neo and kicked him in the shin.

"Did I do something wrong this morning?" Neo wondered.

"I hate you, Mr. Anderson," the little girl wailed as she kicked him, repeatedly.

Neo tucked the little girl under his arm and carried her to the cafeteria. Setting her down firmly on a seat, he stood over her, crossing his arms. "Who told you my name used to be Anderson?"

"The Matrix told me, stupid."

Neo's face had that kind of expression one might get if their hotdog sprouted legs and eloped with a similarly enchanted coffee table.

"Smith?!"

"I'm going to kill you, Mr. Anderson," she vowed, launching herself at him and pummelling him a bit more.

Neo just stood there and took it until the little fists were too sore to pound on him anymore and the once-lethal Agent was reduced to a sobbing and frustrated little girl.

"Hey," he put his arms around her. "we're not so bad. Really."

"I gotta kill you," Smith insisted, she found herself unable to suppress a yawn. "I'm gonna..." she snuggled up to Neo, closed her eyes, and fell asleep, her mind unsure of what to make of this instinctive and infuriating behavior.

Neo kissed her brow and sat there, wondering what to do about the Agent-child sleeping in his arms.

 

TBC