Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2010-10-31
Words:
10,172
Chapters:
8/8
Kudos:
20
Hits:
4,238

10-100 Drabbles

Summary:

Various characters from the BtVS and AtS world - each character gets 10 crossover drabbles of 100 words.  10 things that they didn't do - or did they?

Chapter 1: D'Hoffryn

Chapter Text

author: Lucinda
a series of 100 word crossover drabbles featuring D'Hoffryn
rating: will vary, nothing more than pg13
distribution: Jinni. Anyone else even going to want it?

Disclaimer: D'Hoffryn is the creation of Joss Whedon for BtVS.

1 – Batman belongs to DC comics
2 - Highlander the series belongs to Davis/Panzer productions.
3 - Labyrinth: belongs to LucasFilm & the Jim Henson Company.
4 - Babylon 5 - belongs to J. Michael Straczynski and Warner Brothers
5 - Disney's Gargoyles - belong to BuenaVista
6 - Lone Ranger - I'm uncertain who holds the legal rights, but it's not me.
7 - Carrie: the book was written by Stephen King
8 - Ghost Rider (Marvel Comics)
9 - Van Helsing - made by Universal Pictures
10 – the Mummy - belongs to Stephen Sommers

 

..............

 

The pure anguish and fury jolted him, screaming on his nerves across dimensions. Curious, D’Hoffryn scried to find the source of the emotions. Whoever it was, there was no flavor of magic or any sort of ritual, which meant this was pure emotional intensity.

On a dark street, a small boy knelt in the blood of his parents, killed by a common mugger. Tears streamed down his face as he tried to make sense of what had happened, how everything could go so terribly wrong so quickly.

D’Hoffryn resolved to keep an eye on this Bruce Wayne, in the future.

End 1 - Batman.

 

D’Hoffryn sent his awareness outwards, to check on how Halfrek was doing. But instead of Halfrek, when he looked to see the area near her power focus, there was a human woman. She was dressed in dark clothing, entirely unfashionable, and currently… Running across a rooftop?

That woman had stolen a power focus! Should he be impressed or outraged? Maybe he should see what the woman did with it?

She returned to the ground, and ducked into a shop. Holding the talisman, she spoke. “What will you offer me for this?”

The man snorted. “Copper and glass, Amanda. Fifty pence.”

End 2 - Highlander.

 

“It’s nice to have some intelligent conversation for once.” Jareth murmured.

“You aren’t raving about vengeance, or bemoaning the lack of imagination these days.” D’Hoffryn replied.

“True.” A shrug. “Day in and out, nothing but children wished away and goblins underfoot.”

“I suppose that would get tedious.” D’Hoffryn agreed.

“At least you’re surrounded by adults. Lovely women with magical powers.” Jareth sounded envious.

“I’m surrounded by angry, spiteful women out to cause pain and misery. They’re not delightful, they’re dangerous.” He retorted.

“You encourage them.”

“Well, it’s my job. Just as yours is taking away children.”

“So true.” Jareth agreed.

End 3- Labyrinth.

 

The latest discovery – and D’Hoffryn had to admit that it was rather disturbingly despicable – was too much for Al Bester. And telepaths projected so very well, even into Arashmahod.

“Hello, Al.” He greeted, choosing not to materialize in fire and smoke.

“I need to make plans.” The implied dismissal was clear.

“I can help you with those. With a few conditions, naturally.”

“I work for the benefit of telepaths, not for… who are you?”

“I won’t prevent you from helping telepaths.” He smiled, and continued. “It would remove you from PsiCorps, and change the rules.”

“Go on.”

He was hooked.

 

End 4 - Babylon 5.

 

Betrayal and anger screamed.

Curious, D’Hofrryn teleported to the source. A blue female gargoyle stood on a tower of a smoking castle, the broken stone bodies of her clan scattered at her feet.

“Filthy humans… this is their fault.” She snarled.

“Perhaps you’d like to do something about it?” He asked. “Revenge, perhaps?”

“If every last one of them were dead it would not bring my clan back. I want them to suffer…” She turned to face him, a mace in one hand.

“Perhaps you’d like to help with that?”

“How?” She eagerly asked.

“Bring vengeance. Become one of mine.”

End 5 - Disney's Gargoyles.

 

D’Hoffryn gritted his teeth as he watched the masked man. He deserved the vengeance he sought, but the way he was going after it… A white horse, his sidekick Tonto, and silver bullets.

“Ask for help, and it will be yours. I can give you the vengeance you seek.”

But the man rode on alone, never calling on God or any other power for assistance. Had the wrongs done to him shaken his belief in higher powers? Or was it just that he’d rather handle it himself?

The masked man was quite a puzzle. D’Hoffryn was becoming fond of him.

End 6 – Lone Ranger.

 

Her rage had been stunning, both in scope and in sheer viciousness. It wasn’t an exercise of magic, but something else, just as lethal. Just look at the remnants of the party, tossed about like rag dolls.

Carrie was magnificent.

Ah, but the power hurt her mortal body, and she was now suffering, dying from claiming her vengeance. All that rage would be wasted…

Unless he stepped in.

“Hello, dear child.”

“My mother told me about devils.” Her words were soft. “You’ve come to take me away for being bad.”

“Do you regret it?”

“No.” Her eyes were defiant.

“Good.”

End 7 - Carrie.

 

“They are being excessive.”

“Ah, Zarathos…” D’Hoffryn grinned. “Checking out the competition?”

“I avenge the innocent dead. Your ladies…” The figure snorted, difficult to do with a flaming skull.

“Mortal wishes can be so imprecise.”

Revving his motorcycle, the Ghost Rider shrugged. “I have work to do.”

“Wait! I need to get to New York.” Anyanka called, eyes gleaming.

Watching the demons ride away on the flame-wheeled bike, D’Hoffryn chuckled. They might make a cute couple. Of course, that whole mortal bonding could be a complication. Would he loose Anyanka to New York and the Ghost Rider?

He hoped not.

End 8 – Ghost Rider (Marvel Comics)

 

Gabriel Van Helsing chased after the vampire. The hunter had no memories of his past, no friends, and only the faintest hope of the Catholic Church telling him something of his past.

“He’s changed so much.” D’Hoffryn murmured, intently watching the chase.

“Is he one of ours?” Halfrek asked.

“We granted a wish that affected him.” D’Horrfyn spoke, purposefully vague. “He’s changed a lot.”

The hunter fired his crossbow, the bolt sinking into the vampire’s shoulder. He’d missed the heart, and the resulting fight was bloody. The hunter staggered as he walked away.

D’Hoffryn chuckled. “Soon, it will get worse.”

End 9 – Van Helsing.

 

Imhotep stalked the streets, the plagues already terrifying the city. His anger was the stuff of legend, and his withered body the stuff of nightmares. People cringed away from him, their minds refusing to accept what their eyes told them.

D’Hoffryn sighed, watching the chaos unfold. “I could have told them it was a bad idea. Eternal torment, yes.”

Imhotep gestured, and locusts darkened the sky, and the waters of the city turned to blood.

“But to make him immortal, to imbue him the power of the ten plagues?” D’Hoffryn snorted. “Amateurs.

“This is why they fell, and I remain.”

End 10 – the Mummy.