Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2011-05-25
Words:
4,262
Chapters:
5/5
Kudos:
17
Bookmarks:
3
Hits:
3,048

Confession is Good For The Soul

Summary:

Ianto has a destiny where will it take him and will he ever see Jack again. If they do meet up can, the two of them get past the pain of Jack’s leaving and move on. Ianto finds out the truth about himself and why Torchwood One hired someone so ordinary.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Rating: PG
Pairing: Janto
Disclaimer: I do not own Torchwood/Dr Who or Legend of the Seeker
N/B This is based at the end of Series Two of Torchwood it is AU. Ianto and Jack are not together at the moment and Series One Legend of the Seeker

Chapter Text


Confession is Good For The Soul
by Wereleopard58

 

 

26 Years Ago

“We promise when the time is right we will take him and protect him.” The man bowed his head.

“Thank you, I will be around but we have to make sure that he doesn’t know until it is time. He has been adopted but I don’t understand your ways.”

“Master Rumak you were drawn to us and when the time is right Ianto Jones will work for Torchwood. You will keep your promise and help?”

“I will use my own abilities for you when the need arises. Once again I thank you.” With that, the mysterious man bowed and walked out of the building.

Mr Archer turned to his assistant. “Put Ianto Jones on surveillance we have to make sure nothing happens to him.”

His assistant nodded and made notes in her book to get the first agents to watch the baby.

XXXXX

The old man sat and watched the young Welshman smartly dressed heading into the information bureau.

“The time will be soon at hand.” He whispered. “Once the wanderer arrives, the man from the stars we can start our journey.”

He had watched Ianto Jones grow up through difficulties of life. At times, he wished that he could step in and help but he couldn’t. His young charge had to live his own life, for now.

His chest ached as it always did how he missed home. Master Rumak knew why he was here; it was for the greater good.

XXXXX

Ianto Jones headed down into the hub. He was tired and alone. Jack had left them, left him. He might have come back but things weren’t the same. The main thing was Gwen she never left Jack alone afraid he might go again.

Jack did nothing to discourage that, it showed Ianto where their leader’s feelings really lay and it wasn’t with the tea boy.

“Hey Ianto.” Tosh said with a smile but her eyes were full of concern. Everyday she had seen Ianto slowly waste away. He always put on a brave face but you could see it in his eyes. Jack had done this to him. A man she admired more than anyone but right at this moment she also hated him. Jack Harkness left Ianto Jones with a broken heart and memories nothing more. Even though he was around Tosh knew that Ianto was afraid of being hurt again

“Hey Tosh.” Ianto said softly as he headed to the kitchen to start making the caffeine that all of Torchwood seemed to live on.

XXXXX

The Doctor looked down at his psychic paper and frowned when a message appeared. “Another one?” He muttered, but as soon as he saw the language, he knew where he had to go. It was time for him to give a very special someone a lift. “Jack is going to kill me.” The tall slender man muttered as he ran around pushing buttons and pulling leavers.

XXXXX

The Midlands

Kahlan Amnell stared down at the piece of parchment in her hand frowning at it.

“I don’t understand?” She said to Zedd.

Zedd shrugged his shoulders looking between her and Richard. “It seems that a man will come here from a far off place and he will help us.”

Richard shook his head. “Well it would help if we had the rest of what was written and more than one line saying that a man from a far off place. What if we have already met him or he could be dead. We have no idea who we are looking for.”

Zedd smiled. “Time will tell and we will be led to the correct place for the correct time.”

Richard glared at him. “That’s a lot of help.”

XXXXX

Cardiff

Jack watched Ianto he missed him so very much but didn’t know what to do. He had no idea about getting past those defenses that Ianto had put up and, to be honest, Gwen wasn’t helping. Every time he turned around their Gwen was, stalking him.

He took a deep breath and headed towards the kitchen.

“Ianto, can we talk?” Jack asked.

“Jack I really don’t have time to talk.” Ianto said quickly.

“Ianto there are things I need to tell you that I can’t, I don’t want to tell anyone else. I lo…”

“We’ve run out of milk. I’ll go get some.” Ianto rushed off without another glance at Jack,

“I love you.” Jack whispered his chest aching. He didn’t know if he was ever going to get his Ianto back again.

Tosh stood and watched Jack; she walked over and wrapped her arms around his waist. “Oh Jack.” She whispered.

“How can I tell him and make him believe that I love and only want him.”

“I really don’t know.” Tosh answered honestly.

XXXXX

Days had passed and Ianto avoided Jack as much as possible. He didn’t think he would survive his heart being broken again. Jack meant the world to him, Jack was his world, and he didn’t know how to get past this mistrust.

Ianto slowly made his was through the plaza and that was when he saw it.

The Blue Box.

His heart pounded in his chest when he walked into the hub would Jack be there????

“Ianto.” A deep voice said.

Ianto turned and stared at the old man there was something very familiar about him.

“Yes?” Ianto asked suspiciously.

“I am Rumak and it’s time.” The old man said.

“Nice to meet you and time for what?” Ianto asked.

“Time to go home, time for your destiny.”

Ianto stepped back. “I’m sorry I don’t who you are or what you’re talking about.”

“You know me, you always have.”

“Ahhhh Mr Jones are we ready?” A cheerful voice said.

Ianto turned and suddenly and there was a tall good-looking man, in a pinstripe suit wearing a long coat.

“Who are you? Going where?” Ianto demanded.

“I’m the Doctor.” He said with a big grin.

“Jack’s Doctor? Have you come back for him?” Ianto asked as all the air seemed to have left his chest.

“I’m here for you and we need to go. Please.”

Before Ianto could say, anything Rumak placed his hands on his charges head. Ianto collapsed to the ground unconscious.

“Let’s go.” Rumak said.

“Did you really have to do that?” The Doctor asked. “What about his friends?”

“You can come back and explain.” Rumak said with a smile.

“Jack is going to kill me.” The Doctor muttered as they picked Ianto up and carried him into the Tardis.

XXXXX

“Oh my god no.” Tosh stared at the screen watching out for Ianto. “JACK!!!!!” She screamed.

Jack ran to her closely followed by Owen and Gwen. “What is it Tosh?”

Tosh pointed at the screen, Jack watched as an old man and the Doctor carried and unconscious Ianto into the Tardis.

Before he realised it Jack was on his feet and running as fast as he could. Why were they taking Ianto?

He made in onto the plaza Tosh, Owen and Gwen with him. They all looked around the Tardis was no longer there.

 

end part 1