Actions

Work Header

New Adjustments

Summary:

Zoro wakes up with some changes. So now the Strawhats have to make some adjustments.

Chapter 1: Chapter One

Chapter Text

Title: New Adjustments
Fandom: One Piece
Author: Danyella Skyler Silverfire
Website: Livejournal, or Fanfiction.Net
Rating: PG
Genre(s): Humor/Romance
Pairing(s): Sanji/Zoro mentions
Summary: Zoro wakes up with some changes. So now the Strawhats have to make some adjustments.
Beta: Bronze Tigress
Warnings: Genderswitch, which will never be explained. Ever.
Disclaimer: Checks reality meter (It's remarkably Magic Eight Ball shaped). {{shake}}{{shake}} Do I own One Piece? Nope still the right reality. Go eat a tuna sandwich instead. {{stares}} Damn.
Author's Note: I got this idea one day of Zoro just waking up one day as a girl and then not caring beyond some minor balance issues. Then getting pregnant almost right off. This is the result... or at least the beginning of the result.
Word Count: 1,561 so far

New Adjustments

When Zoro woke up in a motel room after being knocked out, he was angry at first, but after nothing happened and he found all his belongings, he settled for just being annoyed.

Grumbling, he made his way downstairs and over to the front desk. After questioning the clerk he decided to leave it for someone else more interested, and to just go back to the Thousand Sunny and take over watch. The fact that he was now female didn't even strike him as a problem. Not a big one anyway, more awkward than anything else really.

Two days later he woke up somewhere strange again, after having actually gotten drunk the night before. This time something was out of place - like his clothes, and the fact that Sanji was in bed with him.

Taking stock of the situation, Zoro decided he really didn't want to think about it, so got dressed and left Sanji to his perversions. All in all, Zoro was having bad luck with the island, so rather than tempt fate more he decided to just stick to the ships gym and train himself to his new center of gravity some more.


Zoro walked into the galley in search of a drink. Although the sudden silence broken by crashing was unusual he didn't pay it any mind, figuring Luffy had just done something. Walking past a slack-jawed Sanji he made his way over to the sink and got a glass of water.

"Z-Zoro?" Nami asked, her voice slightly shocky.

Zoro turned his head and gave her an annoyed look. "What?"

"Y-you...?"

"I what?"

"You have breasts!"

"Yeah, I have for the last week."

"Why? How?"

"I got turned into a girl last week."

"And you didn't think it was important to tell anyone?"

"Why would it be?"

"You got turned into a girl!"

"So?"

Nami sputtered in anger before lunging forward to try and strangle Zoro.

Sighing and holding her back with a hand to her face, Zoro looked over at Franky and asked, "Do you know what she's going off about?"

"Well you do have to admit its pretty weird, bro."

"Yeah, but I don't see why it's her problem. I'm the one that had to change my bathroom habits." That got a round of blinks.

"That's really weird, bro. It doesn't bother you?"

"It bothers me. Just not enough to make an issue of it."

"Is everything gone?" Luffy asked.

"Yeah, everything's gone. I got turned into a girl. They don't have those."

"Oh. So I should call you 'she' now?"

"No, I'm still me. And I can still beat the same people I would as a guy. I just have to piss sitting down."

"Oh," Luffy said thoughtfully.

Zoro sighed and looked at the still struggling Nami. "Are you done?"

Nami stopped and pulled back, face flushed. "At least put a shirt on!"

"I don't mind." Zoro drawled before looking over at everyone else. "Do you?"

"No." All the male crew members said simultaneously.

"Robin?" Nami asked hopefully, "You agree with me right?"

Robin gave Zoro a long searching look, before saying, "Well, they are nice."

"Robin!" Nami exclaimed in betrayal.

Zoro gave Robin a confused look, said "Thank you?" then he put his shirt back on to a round of disappointed groans. "This is going to take longer than I thought to adjust."

Chopper suddenly sat up, "You need an exam."

Zoro gave Chopper an amused look, "You pervert."

"N-not like that! I need to adjust my information on you." Chopper explained with spazzing body language.

"I know that Chopper, calm down." Zoro stepped around Nami and headed for the door. "Now good?"

"H-huh? Oh, sure." Chopper scrambled after the retreating swordsman.

There was silence for a long minute before Luffy turned to look at Robin, "How do girls piss?"

Thus was normalcy returned to the Strawhats.


Things on the Thousand Sunny continued on as normal with very few problems given the new weirdness introduced into their lives. That is, until a couple months later found Sanji walking out of the galley and almost dropping his platter of drinks when he saw the females of the crew - Nami, Robin, and Zoro - standing in a row in front of a thoughtfully Luffy, holding up their shirts.

"W-what the hell is going on?" Sanji demanded.

"We're seeing who has the best breasts," Zoro explained, blandly.

"Why?"

"It came up."

"Well, I could..."

All three females turned their heads and glared at him. "No!"

"Alright, alright," Sanji said , backing up a step.

"I'd have to say..." Luffy drew out, catching their attention again. "Robin."

"Thank you, Luffy." Robin demurred.

"What?" Nami demanded. "Wait, that isn't fair, you didn't take feel into account!"

"Feel?" Luffy asked, confused.

"Like this!" Nami grabbed Luffy's hand and put it over her breast. "Now judge."

After another few minutes, this time with groping, Luffy pulled back and gave his judgment again. "I'm sorry, Nami. I still say Robin. But it was really close."

Zoro shrugged and lowered his shirt. "That felt weird. I'm going to go see if Chopper found out the problem." Zoro brushed by a stunned Sanji, picking up one of the glasses on the way past.

"Thank you, Luffy." Robin gave Luffy a kiss on the cheek before wandering off to find a book or something.

"You're sure?" Nami demanded.

"In all honesty, yes." Luffy shrugged.

"Well at least you're honest." Nami sighed before walking past Sanji, also grabbing a drink.

"Y-you, I-I..." Sanji really didn't know what to say.

Luffy just grabbed the last glass of juice before looking at Sanji and giving a leer worthy of the cook and flexing his hand.

"Y-you..." Sanji stuttered in dawning realization, "pervert!"


Zoro leaned his head out of the door of the infirmary and stared in surprise at a laughing Luffy brawling with an infuriated Sanji. Shaking his head, he turned back to Chopper. "You're sure?"

"I tested it five times. Did whoever did this..."

"No, I think I had sex a couple of days later. That must have been when." Zoro crossed his arms thoughtfully. "So... huh... I am?"

"Yeah. You really...?"

"Yeah... Huh." Zoro shifted his weight to his other leg. "I need to think about this."

"Congratulations?" Chopper asked, not sure if that was really what he should be saying.

"I'll get back to you on that." Zoro turned out walked out of the infirmary in deep thought. "That's weird. I never thought I'd have that problem."


The crew eyed Zoro worriedly. For the last two weeks, Zoro had been in a weird mood. He barely spoke, he gave everyone long searching stares, and he didn't sleep... much. Zoro had actually developed insomnia of all things.

Finally Usopp had to ask, "Are you going to leave the crew?"

Zoro started and gave Usopp a confused look, "What are you talking about?"

"T-the way you've been acting the last few days. It's like you're thinking of leaving the crew," Usopp explained hurriedly, and with a minimum of stuttering.

"N~o." Zoro drew out slowly. "I was thinking about something else."

"Oh." Usopp slumped quietly. "About what?"

"Something... important." Zoro was silent a moment then looked over at Chopper with a new, determined expression, "I'll keep it."

"What? Really? Are you sure?"

"I've been thinking about it for the last couple of weeks. This'll probably be my only chance, so I'm not going to waste it." Zoro shrugged.

"Good. Good!" Chopper clapped.

"What are you two talking about?" Nami asked confused.

Zoro's bland reply was not what any of the Strawhats were expecting. "I'm pregnant."

Then Luffy's question shocked them out of their silence. "So how's sex different as a girl?"

"What?!" most of the crew yelled.

Zoro just gave Luffy a startled look, that turned thoughtful. "It was... different. Anyway, I'm due in about, what? Six months?" Zoro looked over at Chopper for confirmation.

"Just about. Stop by the infirmary later, there's some things we'll need to go over."

"Okay." Zoro stood and picked up his now empty plate. "I'm going to take a nap." After returning the plate to the kitchen, he walked out of the galley towards his cabin.

"You know where babies come from?" Nami asked Luffy in disbelief.

"Yeah. I got the talk from six people. I probably know even more than you." Luffy grinned and actually managed to steal some of her unguarded food.

"I - you..." Nami stopped and took a deep breath. "Right. What six?"

"Grandpa, Shanks, Ben, Makino, the mayor, the midwife, and this weird drunk guy that wandered through town when I was twelve. Made Ace swear off sex." Luffy looked pensive for a long moment, "I wonder if he kept to that."

The crew collectively blinked at that.

"Where do babies come from?" Robin asked, honestly confused.


Zoro lay on his back on his usual part of the deck drifting and enjoying the ocean breeze when a shadow covered his legs.

"You shouldn't be doing that." Nami's quarrelsome voice broke into his quiet thoughts.

"Napping?" Zoro asked with a frown.

"Lying on the deck like that. If you're going to nap do it on your bed."

"I don't want to go nap inside. I like it here."

"That can't be good for the baby."

"The baby's fine," Zoro sourly growled.

The end for now.

Will come back to it later with most likely drabbles.