Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
370
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,172

Pluck of the Irish

Summary:

Chet and his mother attend the Los Angeles County Irish Fair and Music Festival.

Work Text:


 
Pluck of the Irish
by Lynneste
 
 
Chet Kelly was driving with his mother to the Fairplex in Pomona. He knew he wanted to have a good time with her.
 
Chet said, "This event is held on the weekend before St. Patrick's Day every year."
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "I have a feeling it's going to be fun."
 
"It is, Mom. There'll be lots of Irish food, music and many more. You're going to have a great time."
 
"Sweetie, I'm already excited."
 
A few moments later, they were at the Fairplex in Pomona. The Los Angeles County Irish Fair and Music Festival was already in gear. Mrs. Kelly was already feeling her Irish pride.
 
She said, "Sweetie, I hope you're feeling your Irish pride."
 
Chet said, "I am, Mom. We both have that Irish spunk, as well."
 
"That's right."
 
"We should be proud of our Irish heritage."
 
"I am."
 
"So am I."
 
"Mom, can we have a good time at this festival?"
 
"Of course."
 
Chet and his mother explored. They even had some cabbage and potatoes. At a table, Chet and his mother saw some Irish crafts. Among them were St. Brigid's Crosses. Chet bought one for himself and one for his mother.
 
Chet said, "Mom, I learned from the best."
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "I'm glad to hear it."
 
"Remember when I moved a burning boxcar away from a tanker filled with hazardous material?"
 
"Yes, of course. You were very brave. I was so proud of you. I still am."
 
"Really, Mom?"
 
"Yes, sweetie."
 
"I hope you're having a good time."
 
"I am having a good time."
 
"That's great."
 
Later, Chet and his mother were having dinner. They were discussing how families can be made stronger.
 
Chet said, "I know families are to be there for one another, through thick and thin and in good times and bad times. The Kelly family was a strong family."
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "It still is. You and the rest of your friends at your firehouse live and work together. That's like a family."
 
"It is a family. The captain is like a father. The rest of my fellow firefighters are like brothers. We all look out for one another."
 
"That's great. But never forget, you still have people who care about and love you."
 
"Sure, Mom."
 
Chet and his mother kept that pact.
 
 
DONE