Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
375
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,275

Cinco de Mayo

Summary:

Marco and his mother attend the Cinco de Mayo festivities on Olvera Street.

Work Text:


 
 
Cinco de Mayo
by Lynneste
 
Marco Lopez was walking with his mother toward Olvera Street. He knew he wanted to have a good time with her.
 
Marco said, "This event is held on the fifth of May every year."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "I have a feeling it's going to be fun."
 
"It is, Mom. There'll be lots of Mexican food, music and many more. You're going to have a great time."
 
"Honey, I'm already excited."
 
A few minutes later, they were on Olvera Street. The Cinco de Mayo festivities were already in gear. Mrs. Lopez was already feeling her Mexican pride.
 
She said, "Honey, I hope you're feeling your Mexican pride."
 
Marco said, "I am, Mom. We both have that Mexican kick, as well."
 
"That's right."
 
"We should be proud of our Mexican heritage."
 
"I am."
 
"So am I."
 
"Mom, can we have a good time at this festival?"
 
"Of course."
 
Marco and his mother explored. They even had enchiladas. At a table, Marco and his mother saw some Mexican crafts. Among them were pictures of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Marco bought one for himself and one for his mother.
 
Marco said, "Mom, I learned from the best."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "I'm glad to hear it."
 
"I learned from that mistake I made chasing Johnny with a hangman's noose when he was talking about competing in the local rodeo circuit."
 
"Yes, you sure did. We both know you'll never threaten anyone like that again."
 
"That's right, Mom."
 
"I'm glad you've learned your lesson, sweetie."
 
"I hope you're having a good time."
 
"I'm having a great time."
 
"That's great."
 
Later, Marco and his mother were having dinner. They were discussing how families can be made stronger.
 
Marco said, "I know families are to be there for one another, through thick and thin and in good times and bad times. The Lopez family was a strong family."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "It still is. You and the rest of your friends at your firehouse live and work together. That's like family."
 
"It is a family. The captain is like a father. The rest of my fellow firefighters are like brothers. We all look out for one another."
 
"That's great. But never forget, you still have people who care about and love you."
 
"Sure, Mom."
 
Marco and his mother kept that pact.
 
 
DONE