Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
566
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
15
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,395

Coming Home

Summary:

This was a challenge I saw on Fanfic.net. It's originally from Stormfreak's site Haven. The challenge was to write a fic 1500 words or less. It had to start with the line " Are you still up" and end with "sweet dreams". Those are the only two lines of dialogue.

Work Text:



Coming Home
by BJ

 

" Are you still up?" Logan asked as he was pulled into strong arms and soft lips covered his mouth swallowing any other words and driving them from his mind.

 

ONE HOUR EARLIER:

Logan made his way slowly up the stairs to his room. He was bone tired. His team had been gone for a week and the only two things he wanted in the world right then were a long hot shower and his lover. Remy's team had been out for the past three days, they only arrived home hours before his and the mansion was dark and quiet. He walked slowly down the hall and stopped in front of his room. No light shone under the door so he crept in as quietly as he could. He glanced at the figure in the bed and smiled, oh well, the welcome home could wait 'til morning. He turned on the shower as hot as he could stand it and stepped in letting the hot spray sink into his tired bones.

Somedays... somedays he felt every one of the years he'd lived, every one of the battles he'd ever
fought.He rubbed the soap over his body and let the water wash away all of the bad things he'd seen the past week. All the things he'd had to do to make sure his teammates made it home alive. He was pulled from his thoughts when he realized that the water was getting cold.

Logan sighed and stepped out of the shower into the cold air of the bathroom. He glanced at the bed and noticed that Remy hadn't moved at all. Poor kid must be exhausted. He looked up at the man in the mirror,  the very OLD man in the mirror. What could a beautiful young thing like Remy possibly see in him?

Sick of feeling sorry for himself he made his way to the bed and slid under the covers. He rolled toward his young lover just wanting to pull him close and found himself staring into the most beautiful eyes he'd ever seen.

 

 

PRESENT:

Bodies and hearts wound so tightly they seemed to become one. Hands found secret places no one else would ever find. They knew. They had mapped out each others bodies finding all the places that made the other gasp or moan or laugh or even sometimes cry. Long into the night soft moans and even softer touches filled him, surrounded him, healed him like nothing else could. The young Cajun never said a word just touched and kissed and took away the madness and confusion in his weary mind and body so only the strong confident man was left.

And he knew he was loved.
And he knew he was cared for.
And he knew when he woke he could face it all again
because he MATTERED in this world.

They held each other tightly through the fireworks of their love.

When Logan could see again and breathe again and think again he gently brushed back sweaty strands of silky hair and stared once again into the beautiful eyes that glowed with warmth that cleansed his troubled soul. How could he ever repay the gift he'd just been given? He kissed the young man and gently positioned his head over his heart. Holding Remy close he stroked his back and before he followed him into blissfully peaceful sleep he whispered "sweet dreams".

 

End.