Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
356
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,231

Golden

Summary:

Sydney reflects on the glittering change Gage has brought to her life.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Golden
by Pirate Turner

 

 

        The blue of the endless sky that stretched out before them that fine afternoon had once been her favorite color, Sydney reflected as the car pulled to a stop in front of the home she shared with her husband, but gold had replaced it. She looked at her ring as the sunlight glinted off the gold band and smiled. Her door opened, and Gage peered in with a grin. "Going my way, beautiful?" The rays of the sun caught his hair, making the brown turn golden, as he offered her his hand.

        "Always, handsome," she replied as she took his hand. Gage assisted her out of the car and immediately laid a kiss upon her lips. She smiled into his mouth as she kissed him back. She ran a hand up his chest and curled her fingers into his golden tendrils. Yes, gold was definitely her new favorite color!

        Even her life had turned golden after finally allowing Gage the rest of the way into her heart. Oh, he had wriggled into her heart years before she let him know he was there, but once she had opened herself up to him, he had quickly chased away all her fears and proven to her that he wanted only to love her and make her happy for the rest of their lives. There had been a few tears since then but never any that he had caused.

        He was always there for her, regardless of whether it was during the heat of the battle, the emotional turmoil of losing a friend or even only a client, the mundane tasks of normal day, or just coming home after a hard day at work. He constantly surprised her with little things, from rubbing her feet late at night to laying a rose next to the coffee pot in the morning, and never ceased to promptly provide the more important things she needed. She had never been happier than she was with him nor had she ever dreamed that such bliss was possible. Gage was her sun, and he made her whole world golden.

 

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.