Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
619
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
18
Hits:
1,350

Fathers' Day

Summary:

Johnny, Roy, Chet and Marco plan a special Fathers' Day surprise dinner for Hank and Mike.

Work Text:


Fathers' Day
by Lynneste
   
Father's Day started out like any day. Chet Kelly and Marco Lopez attended church mass. Afterwards, they met up with Johnny Gage and Roy DeSoto. The four men then went grocery shopping. They knew they had something planned for Hank and Mike.
 
Roy said, "I have a feeling Mike and Cap would like to have shrimp pasta."
 
Johnny said, "Throw in some garlic toast with that and it all would be great."
 
Marco said, "Add some caesar salad and everything would be fabulous."
 
Chet said, "To go with everything would be white grenache."
 
Johnny said, "Excellent choice."
 
Roy said, "All of that sounds fantastic."
 
Marco said, "Definitely."
 
That evening, Johnny, Roy, Chet and Marco were at home with Hank Stanley and Mike Stoker. Chet and Marco were making dinner. Johnny was finishing setting the dining room table. Roy was pouring the wine. Hank and Mike were just relaxing in the living room.
 
Hank said, "I know I've sometimes sounded like I was a father to you and the rest. But it's great to be recognized."
 
Mike said, "Case and point."
 
"Well, remember when I accidentally touched some electrical wires and was electrocuted during a rescue operation from a car accident? All of you rushed me to Rampart and I was saved. I put you in charge for the time being."
 
"It was a difficult task."
 
"But you got through it, and everything turned out alright. I do appreciate everybody being concerned about me. It was the can-do spirit that helped me through."
 
"The guys and I held good thoughts for you. And from what I understand, Chet and Marco prayed for you, as well."
 
"I appreciate all of that, as well."
 
From the kitchen, Chet called, "Dinner is ready. Come to the table."
 
Hank and Mike got up and went to sit at the dining room table.
 
Chet and Marco served Hank, Mike, Johnny, Roy and themselves their dinners.
 
Hank said, "This looks fabulous."
 
Mike said, "Absolutely fantastic."
 
The six men took their first taste.
 
In unison, Hank and Mike said, "Delicious."
 
They, Johnny, Roy, Chet and Marco raised their wine glasses.
 
Roy said, "Cheers and happy Fathers' Day."
 
In unison, Johnny, Chet and Marco said, "Happy Fathers' Day."
 
In unison, Hank and Mike said, "Thank you."
 
The six men clinked their wine glasses and took a sip of their wine. They then began to dig in.
 
After dinner, Chet, Marco, Johnny and Roy received praise from Hank and Mike.
 
Hank said, "All of you did marvelously splendid with this idea for Fathers' Day dinner."
 
Mike said, "Well done."
 
Johnn, Roy, Chet, and Marco felt good and smiled. The four men got up and cleared the dishes. After they came out of the kitchen, they sat back down at the dining room table. They also brought four wrapped bottles.
 
Roy said, "We all selected these gifts for you."
 
Johnny said, "That's right. When we saw them, we immediately thought about you."
 
Johnny, Roy, Chet and Marco put the wrapped bottles on the dining room table, in front of Hank and Mike. Hank and Mike opened their Fathers' Day gifts, and were surprised. They got a bottle of Creme de menthe, a bottle of Grand Marnier, a bottle of Razzmatazz and a bottle of Liqueur Fogg. Hank and Mike thanked Johnny, Roy, Chet and Marco and hugged them. Johnny, Roy, Chet and Marco suggested the gifts be saved for later. Hank and Mike agreed.
 
That night, Hank and Mike were in the living room with Johnny, Roy, Chet and Marco.
 
Mike said, "You don't know how fabulous tonight has been."
 
Hank said, "It's been a fabulous Fathers' Day."
 
In unison, the two men said, "And the four of you made it that way."
 
Johnny, Roy, Chet and Marco felt good and smiled. The four men hugged Hank and Mike, knowing they made them happy.
 
 
DONE