Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2011-06-07
Words:
8,842
Chapters:
10/10
Comments:
1
Kudos:
31
Bookmarks:
6
Hits:
9,004

A Long Time Ago

Summary:

A long time ago Tony and Abby knew each other. AU

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: This is an AU Fic.

A Long Time Ago

Ten-year-old Anthony DiNozzo and four year old Abigail DiNozzo sat in the closet waiting for their father to pass out in his drunken rage. They hated that their father was a drunk. Anthony Sr had never hit, or beaten up on Abby and for that Tony was glad. He had to protect his little sister to make sure that she was safe.

“I’m scared, Tony.”

“Shh, Abby. It’s going to be okay.” The young boy said as he crouched near his little sister. His face still had the bruises that his father had given him yesterday. Luckily he didn’t have school because he didn’t want to have the bruises when he went to school.

When he didn’t hear anything else the boy quietly opened the door and peeked out. The room was dark, but he knew that nobody was there. He turned to his sister. “You stay here. I want to make sure that Dad’s asleep. If you hear anything don’t come out.”

“But Tony, he’ll hurt you.”

“Don’t worry about me Abby, okay. I don’t want him to hurt you, so you stay here.”

“Okay, I’ll stay here.”

“Good girl.” He smiled at his little sister. He walked to the room’s door and opened it and once again peeked out when it was clear he made his way towards his father’s door. He saw that it was open and he went inside to find his father asleep on top of the bed with his clothes on. He turned and walked back towards the room and opened the door.

“Abby, it’s safe. He’s asleep and won’t be awake until tomorrow.”

“I wish that we didn’t have him as a daddy. I wish we lived somewhere else.”

“I do too, Abs.”

“Does that hurt?” Abby pointed to the split lip that he had.

“No, not anymore.”

“Can I stay in your room?”

“Sure, Abby Cadabby.”

The little girl giggled at that. She loved her little brother and didn’t like that her brother got hurt because of their father. She followed her brother towards the hallway and into his room. She wondered if they would ever be safe from harm.

The next day Tony and Abby made their way towards the kitchen and had their breakfast and their father wasn’t up yet. They both went back to their bedrooms after they had the breakfast to change for the day. When they went downstairs and both of them stopped in their tracks when they saw that their father was downstairs.

“Where are you two going?”

“We were going outside to play.”

“No, you’re not. You are going to do your homework.”

“It’s Saturday. I will do my homework tomorrow.”

“Don’t talk back to me.” Anthony Sr said as he struck his son across the face.

“I’m sorry, Dad”

“No, but you will be sorry.” He turned to his young daughter. “Go to the kitchen and have something to eat.”

“We already had breakfast.”

“Then go have a snack, little one.”

“Okay, Daddy.”

Even if she was young she knew that her father would never hurt her by hitting her, but she knew that he would hurt Tony.

That day the police was called in to take Tony and Abby away. Before they had been paid off to keep quiet, but this time they took them away before they could get paid. Tony was placed in the hospital for observation just to make sure that nothing was wrong. Abby was placed in a foster home. When Tony was let out of the hospital he was taken to one of his cousin’s house and Abby was adopted by a couple looking for a child. They would never see each other for a long time, but each of them wondered what had happened to each other.