Actions

Work Header

Blood For Blood

Summary:

SUMMARY: AU; War between the watchers and the immortals comes to Cascade
DISCLAIMERS: not mine, but don't tell them
RATING: Probably will finish out at FRAO
PAIRING: That's anyone's guess at this point
FEEDBACK: If you want more you gotta feed the need
ARCHIVE: The WWOMB Archive
AUTHOR'S NOTE: Last night they showed what could of turned into a massive world encompassing war between watchers and immortals. This is my impression of what could have happened if things had gone sour.
Another AU for the curious

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Blood For Blood
By PEJA

 

Jim skidded to a halt, causing Blair to ram into him from behind. "Judas priest, Sandburg. Tell me I'm not loosing my mind."

Blair peered around his partner's broad back and stared gape mouthed at the pair of duelists circling each other in the dark alley. "If you are," he said softly, "Then I'm right there for the ride."

"Methos, stop playing with him," a young red head encouraged one of the combatants from the darkness. "The watcher issued the challenge. You have no reason to offer him a chance."

Stunned by the scene being played out before his eyes, Jim stood watching the graceful dark haired man dart small, scoring strikes on his brash, sweating opponent. The taller man scored another hit, chuckling as his opponent staggered back and touched the bleeding scratch on his arm.

Still chuckling, Methos stitched an elegant bow. "Go back to the playground, watcher. You've not man enough to win against me."

Rage marred young features and the man raised his broadsword over his head and charged. "Blood for blood," he screamed, swiping toward where the dark haired duelist had stood moments before.

Methos laughed outright and did a couple expert fencing steps. "Cut and parry, young blood. Cut and parry. I give you your life, this time. Do not challenge me again." He turned his back on the other man, heading for his red-haired companion.

The one he'd caller watcher roared his rage and attacked again.

Methos blocked the downward swing without even looking, turned on his heel and dealt the killing strike.

Wrenching himself from the horror played out before his eyes, Jim moved forward, his gun aimed and ready. "Cascade Police. Put down the swords and...."

Twin blades appeared from the darkness, one at Jim's throat, the other at Blair's.

"I don't think so," the words were heavily laden with a Scottish accent.. "My kinsman and I won't let you interfer, will we Connor?"

A soft laugh ruffled Blair's curls. "These ones are not watchers, Duncan. We have no grudge with them."

"Aye, tis true enough," the taller man said. "But they have seen way to much by my way of thinking. Methos we've nay more time."

"Jim," Blair whispered, moving a step closer to his partner.

The man, Connor, grasped Blair's forearm and spun him around. "These two are going to be a problem."

Duncan sighed. "I'll no kill the innocent. They are not part of the war."

"You don't have a choice, Mac," An elderly man limped into view, trailing a young woman with startling white hair. "You knew when this began we couldn't keep the uninformed out of it forever. Looks like it's finally bled out to the rest of the world."

"It's your kind that started this blood for blood war, Joe," Raven grumbled. "Think of something."

"Well, I for one am against the direction this is going," Methos commented, sauntering over to the others without he redhead in tow. "You know what this man is, don't you?"

The tall Scot frowned. "I don't know what your talking about."

Methos grinned. "Come on, you aren't stupid. None of you. You have to feel that queer tingle....not an immortal tingle, but different?"

Duncan let go of his anger. Methos was right. There was a strangeness about the pair. One he could not identify. "So what does it mean?"

"I've only felt it twice before in all my years." Methos said. "Both times I was in the company of Sentinels."

"Sentinels?" Raven snapped. "But Sentinels are only folklore...Aren't they?"

Methos shrugged. "So are immortals."

"One things for certain," Joe said, casting a worried glance around. "He said he was a cop. Cops travel in packs. I think we would be wise to take this elsewhere."

TBC