Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
599
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,159

Out

Summary:

Set a little after Singled Out

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: Set a little bit after Singled Out.

Out

Tony sat on the bench looking out onto the water and then down to the ground. He couldn’t believe that McGee said that he didn’t rate his own team. He was just offered a job in Rota, Spain. He should have told him right then and there, but it kind of hurt him that he said that and basically said that he didn’t like him as a team leader.

Abby and McGee stepped out of the NCIS building and both of them looked around.

“Look there’s Tony. I hope he’s okay.”

“I should talk to him. I was kind of mean to him and said some mean things to him. I should apologize to him.”

“Let me talk to him. I can’t believe that you were mean to him and I can’t believe that you didn’t say sorry. He does have feelings you know. I was telling him that he’s not Gibbs and I knew that I was hurting him and I talked to him after it. That and the fact that you are his new golden boy. You know that he didn’t have a good childhood and he thinks of Gibbs as his father. He’s been with him a lot longer than you were.”

She walked up to Tony not wanting to spook him. “Tony.” She said as stood next to him.

“Hey, Abs. What are you doing here?”

“I was going home and saw you here.”

“I guess I should have gone somewhere else.”

“How are you doing?”

“Fine, Abs.”

“You are not fine, DiNozzo.”

“I’m fine, Abby. So are you going to have pizza for dinner?”

“Stop doing that. You know that you can’t do that with me.”

“Sorry, I should have remembered that I can’t do that with you. That you can see through my mask.”

“So what is bothering you?”

“Tim said that I didn’t deserve my own team. I should have told him that the Director had offered me my own team.”

“Did you take it?”

“No, I didn’t take it. It was it Rota, Spain.”

“Really, I thought that you would want to go to somewhere with girls in bikini’s.”

“I didn’t want to go. Gibbs called Ziva, Kate.”

“Are you going to be okay?”

“I’m always, okay Abs.”

McGee was close enough to hear and was surprised that Tony was offered his own team just before he said that he didn’t deserve his own team. He would have to apologize to him.

“Do you want to join me for dinner?”

“No, I’m fine.”

“I want you too, please. It’s been a long time since we’ve spent time together.”

“Okay, I’ll take you up on your offer. So my place, or yours?”

“What about yours.”

“Okay. I’ll pick up the pizza on my way home.”

“And I’ll pack my bag.”

“Okay, see you later.”

Tony took off and got into his car and left. Abby walked up to McGee who had stepped away after he knew that Tony was going to get up and leave.

“You really need to say you’re sorry, McGee.”

“I know. I heard everything. I truly am sorry. I also told him to stop calling me Probie. Gibbs told me that his old mentor still calls him Probie. I’ll apologize for that too.”

“Good. I hope you do. I have to pack and go to Tony’s place. Bye, McGee.”

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author anny385.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.