Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 8 of The Advent Calender Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
197
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,451

Untitled McHale's Navy

Summary:

Ok, so, I've completely lost my mind. I'm going to do a fic a day for all of December until Christmas day, kind of like a fic-filled advent calender. And just to make things even more difficult to myself, each fic will be a different fandom.
Author's Note: postings will follow this format, with no summary. Length willvary (greatly) from fic to fic.

Work Text:

Untitled McHale's Navy
by Buffy

December 8--McHale's Navy

The one day of the year that the festivities on McHale's island were open and sanctioned was Christmas.  The party went on almost 24 hours, so even the crews that had to go out on patrol had a chance to join in.  But Quint wasn't at the big party at their huts, he was at the distant hut Fuji usually used when they had to worry about surprise inspections by Binghamton.  Because of all the by-the-book types on the island, Fuji was staying at Urulu's village for the duration, and Quint had Fuji's permission to borrow the place.  His steps quickened when he saw the light in the cabin's window saying that Lucky had beat him there.  He had been humming as he walked, but he sang the last verse, "Christmas eve will find me, where the lovelight gleams.  I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams."  Despite having to keep a watch out for Binghamton's plots to get rid of his crew, Quinton McHale had found a home here on Taratupa.  And his home's name was Elroy Carpenter.

 

end ficlet

Series this work belongs to: