Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 5 of The Advent Calender Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
397
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,159

Untitled It Takes a Thief

Summary:

Ok, so, I've completely lost my mind. I'm going to do a fic a day for all of December until Christmas day, kind of like a fic-filled advent calender. And just to make things even more difficult to myself, each fic will be a different fandom.
Author's Note: postings will follow this format, with no summary. Length willvary (greatly) from fic to fic.

Work Text:

Untitled It Takes a Thief
by Buffy

December 5--It Takes a Thief

 

Al was enjoying his first SIA Christmas party, even if he wasn't entirely sure why they'd invited him.  Most of the SIA agents were single, or married without children, but one of the researchers more than made up for that.  Mary had three girls between the ages of 5 and 10, and a little boy only fourteen months old.  Al had cooed over the baby from a safe distance, confirming his extreme bachelorhood to the amusement of every female there.  He'd highly enjoyed keeping the girls entertained with simple sleight-of-hand tricks.  An agent Al knew vaguely--Jeff, he thought--had brought a guitar.  The moment he started to strum, all three girls had immediately lost interest in him, clamoring for Jeff to sing.  One of Al's more recent conquests smiled, "Guess you're not as charming as you thought, Al."

Al took it in stride, "Heartlessly abandoned by such lovely ladies."  He shook his head but grinned, the youngest girl's green velvet party dress giving him an idea.  He moved to kneel at her side and took her hand, singing along with the tune Jeff was playing.  "Alas, my love, you do me wrong to cast me off so discourteously for I have loved you well and long, delighting in your company.  Greensleeves was all my joy, greensleeves was my delight.  Greensleeves was my heart of gold, and who but my lady love greensleeves."

The little girl giggled, then scolded him, "That's a Christmas song.  Sing the Christmas words!"  She looked over his shoulder, "Mr. Bain, would you sing it like you did last year?  Pretty pretty please?"

Noah crouched next Al, "Well, how can I resist the request of such a pretty little Christmas angel."  Noah stood and moved to stand over by where Mary was holding her sleeping son.  Now Al knew Noah had a rich, deep speaking voice, but hearing him sing "What Child is This" sent chills down his spine.  It also fanned the flames of the attraction he'd been keeping banked for the man who'd sprung him from prison.

Now that would be a Christmas miracle, Al mused as he glanced at the mistletoe hung in several strategic places.  Not that there was a chance of stealing a kiss from the man.  No matter how good a thief Al was.

end ficlet

Series this work belongs to: