Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 3 of The Advent Calender Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
287
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,205

Untitled Law & Order

Summary:

Ok, so, I've completely lost my mind. I'm going to do a fic a day for all of December until Christmas day, kind of like a fic-filled advent calender. And just to make things even more difficult to myself, each fic will be a different fandom.
Author's Note: postings will follow this format, with no summary. Length willvary (greatly) from fic to fic.

Work Text:


Untitled Law & Order
by Buffy

December 3--Law & Order

 

Ray Curtis' Christmas party had become almost legendary.  When his wife was alive, they'd had the big party because even if she was having a bad day, she could stay on a sofa and still enjoy the company.  After her death, they kept him in contact with his family and friends.  Everyone passed through, at least.  Lt. Van Buren came with her two sons and her new boyfriend, finally dating again after her divorce.  Mike Logan dragged his former partner Megan Wheeler out, and her baby girl was an instant hit with the crowd.  And while Ray knew that Lennie had dated Rogers once, seeing her and Danny Ross from Major Case was kind of strange.

Squeals of delight from his girls announced the newest arrival to the party.  It was heartwarming to see Jack smiling and laughing with the girls.  The DA was looking more his age these days, a lot more gray and with a little less of the boundless energy he'd always seemed to have back when he was in front of the jury day in and out.  His friends had worried about him for a long time, wondering if his promotion out of trial work would be the straw that broke him.  Jack was a lot like Lennie that way, both of them joking they'd do the job from a wheelchair or with an oxygen tank.  And considering that he'd lost his lover not all that long before it had happened, was cause for concern.  But things were better and this piecemeal, oddball family that had formed was surviving everything that had come at it and come out stronger for it.

 

end ficlet

Series this work belongs to: