Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
721
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,427

A Day Well Spent

Summary:

Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez have a day to spend together. So they do a bit of shopping for their place.

Work Text:

A Day Well Spent
by Lynneste
 
 
Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez were thinking about how they planned to spend their day together.
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "You and I have been living together for quite some time. We get along great."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "Our sons are the ones who suggested it all. We're grateful for that."
 
"We sure are, dear. Perhaps if Chet and his friends might need something, we can suggest a place."
 
"Yes, what may that be, darling?"
 
"Well, we will be going to Woolworth. We need quite a few things."
 
"Woolworth. They have great things. Perhaps you can suggest Woolworth if our sons may need anything."
 
"How about their friends?"
 
"Sure. I agree with your suggestion on Woolworth."
 
A little bit later, the two women were at Woolworth. They were sitting at a lunch counter. Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez each had a tuna melt and iced tea for lunch.
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "We hope our sons are okay."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "They're fine, I'm sure."
 
"But when Chet was injured in that abandoned hospital rescue, I felt worried. But I knew he was going to be alright."
 
"I felt the same way when Marco was hurt in that abandoned warehouse fire."
 
"But everything turned out alright. That's the important thing."
 
"I agree with you on that. Marco, Johnny and Roy complained about a certain nurse bullying them. That nurse got fired for her unacceptable behavior, I'm told."
 
"She deserved it. Plus, nobody deserves to be treated that way in a hospital. Chet and Roy didn't have any problems when they were hospitalized."
 
"I'm glad to hear that. Now, let's finish up. We have a lot of shopping to do."
 
"Okay."
 
Later, the two women were shopping around Woolworth. They bought beauty products, clothes, shoes and some housewares. Mrs. Kelly paid for one half of their order. Mrs. Lopez paid for the other half.
 
A few minutes later, the two women were grocery shopping at Safeway. They bought the items they needed. They also used the same procedure at a checkout.
 
Later, Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Lopez were at their ranch bungalow. Everything was all put away. The two women had time to relax.
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "Now that we've got everything we need, let's have a little rest."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "Sure. We can also discuss anything we want, as well."
 
"Sounds like a good idea."
 
"Alright. While we were discussing the hospitalizations of our sons and two of their friends, I suddenly remembered something."
 
"What might that be?"
 
"Well, while Marco, Johnny and Roy were recovering, they did the right thing, reporting the bad apple nurse to the proper hospital authorities."
 
"That was the right thing to do."
 
"When we read about her death in a car accident, we knew Marco, Johnny and Roy weren't at fault. That nurse was driving recklessly."
 
"Reckless driving can cause fatal accidents."
 
"That's true."
 
"Can we switch gears, so to speak?"
 
"Of course."
 
"When Chet had a sore throat, I used to make him gargle with vinegar and soybean oil. One day, he and Johnny were in the apparatus bay. They heard what sounded like gargling coming from the locker room. So they walked in on Roy gargling with warm salt water."
 
"Did Roy have a sore throat?"
 
"Apparently. He tried to deny it several times. But Johnny convinced him to see a doctor. So Roy went into the hospital to have his tonsils removed. That was when Chet was injured. He and Roy have since recovered."
 
"I'm glad to hear that."
 
"Do you think we should invite Chet and his friends over for dinner?"
 
"Sure. I'd love to see Marco and his friends one night."
 
"When should we invite everyone over for dinner?"
 
"How about one night next week?"
 
"Sure, that's a good idea."
 
"Alright."
 
That night, the two women were sitting down to dinner.
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "You know, dear, we've had a great day. Everything was done as planned."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "Yes, darling. We also know our sons and their friends are just fine."
 
"Definitely."
 
"We have absolutely nothing to worry about."
 
"That's right."
 
"As long as everything is fine, we're also just fine."
 
"Absolutely."
 
A little bit later, the two women were sitting in their living room. They were sharing some white zinfandel.
 
Mrs. Kelly said, "I'd like to toast our sons and their friends."
 
Mrs. Lopez said, "I'd like to toast us."
 
"Cheers."
 
"Cheers."
 
The two women clinked their wine glasses and sipped their wine. Then they just sat back and relaxed at home.
 
What a day it was!
 
 
DONE