Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
693
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,527

Boxey's Bath

Summary:

A spelling challenge snippet.

Work Text:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

Title: Boxey's Bath
Author: Jen lmr

Date: Nov 2000
Rating: PG-13
Category: Slash
Pairing: Apollo/Starbuck
Feedback: jennylmr@yahoo.com

Summary: A spelling challenge snippet.

Spelling words: Bath, chuckles, lavender, crevices, shiver, velvet, mundane, fishing, purely, effort


Boxey had been extremely moody lately. Sometimes Apollo thought that his recent behavior was just purely to irritate him. Starbuck commiserated with him and he greatly appreciated the effort. I mean *greatly* appreciated it. Sometimes for centars. If it wasn't for his best friend and now recently, also his lover, he may well have strangled Boxey by this point.

Boxey was in top form today also. Apollo had been sitting on the longseat with Starbuck, relaxing and watching IFB, when Boxey had rushed in from playing with some other children and with barely a nod in their direction, headed straight to the turbowashroom and began running a bath.

They looked at each other. Then looked at the turbowashroom door. Then looked back at each other.

"A bath?"

"And here I didn't even have to tie him up, drag him in there and hold him under the water."

"Gee, I kind of feel cheated. What's one of Boxey's baths without having to chase him about the room first?" Starbuck laughed.

They began joking back and forth about it and eventually it escalated into a tickle fight, each of them going for those special sensitive spots and crevices that they both knew so very well by now. All thoughts of Boxey had fled from Apollo's mind and were replaced by thoughts of his lover. The smell of his hair, the velvet feel of his skin, that little noise he made when he was about to come, that...

"Don't you two ever stop?" Boxey interrupted.

Apollo let out a long suffering sigh and straightened himself up.

"We only do it to embarrass you kiddo." Starbuck grinned good naturedly at him, "Otherwise, I'd never dream of letting your old man lay a hand on me. Yuck." Starbuck gave a mock shiver.

Apollo laughed and swatted at him, "I'll give you yuck, smart alek." Before resuming his tickling of Starbuck.

Their chuckles were interrupted by an increasingly irate Boxey. "Ah hem." Boxey said, hands on his hips, giving them both an expectant look.

Apollo looked at him, thoroughly confused, and a little distracted by the close proximity of Starbuck.

"I think he's fishing for a compliment." Starbuck told him, understanding of Boxey's recent behavior slowly beginning to dawn on him.

"Oh." Apollo said, still confused, "You look very nice son."

"And smell nice too. Is that a lavender scent I smell wafting about you? It's pretty. I used to go out with a woman who smelled just like that." Starbuck couldn't resist teasing.

That earned him a very wicked glare from Boxey.

He held up his hands in mock surrender. "Sorry kiddo, I'll behave. You do look very nice and you don't smell like a girl at all."

Boxey was slightly mollified. "So dad can I go to Mandy's birthday party? A bunch of the kids from my class at school are all going."

"Mandy? I don't remember you ever mentioning anyone named Mandy." The still clueless Apollo answered.

"She's new. Her parents were just transferred over to the Galactica. So can I go?"

"Sure. Do you need me to take you?"

"Nah, I'm walking over there with Skeet. Bye." He said as he rushed out the door.

"What's gotten into him?" Apollo wondered aloud.

Starbuck laughed, "Apollo, I love you, but sometimes you're so dense that I wonder how you ever became a Captain."

"What?" A still very bewildered Apollo asked.

"He's got a crush on a girl."

"A girl? Oooohhhh! A girl." Apollo finally got it, then spared a momentary nostalgic thought to the days when his life used to be so mundane.

Then Starbuck resumed their previous tickling fight, he realized they had the quarters to themselves, and all thoughts of anything mundane flew right out of his head.

The End