Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,979
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,281

Starbuck's Tizzy

Summary:

Why is Starbuck in a tizzy?

Work Text:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

Title: Starbuck's Tizzy
Author: Jen lmr

Date: Nov. 2000
Rating: NC-17
Category: Slash
Pairing: Starbuck/Apollo
Feedback: jennylmr@yahoo.com

Summary: Why is Starbuck in a tizzy?


Starbuck showed up at Apollo's shortly after they had both gotten off duty. He seemed a little agitated as he came in and kept pacing around the room.

"So I thought maybe you and I could go to the OC for a drink? Maybe the Rising Star? The Rising Star might be better. Do you think that the Rising Star might be better?"

"A drink sounds good." Apollo said with a smile. "I just have a few things that I have to do here first, then we can drop Boxey off at Athena's and head to the Rising Star for awhile. Boxey!" Apollo called, "Finish up with your lessons, I'm taking you to visit with Aunt Athena."

"The Rising Star? So you don't want to go to the OC? What's wrong with going to the OC? Don't you like the OC?"

"The OC is fine. If you want to go to the OC, we'll go to the OC."

"No. The Rising Star is good too. We can go to the Rising Star. No, wait. The drinks are cheaper at the OC and it's not as far, besides we don't want to be out too late. Let's go to the OC."

Apollo looked at him sideways, "Okay, if you're sure." Then he started to put the finishing touches on a report he was working on.

Starbuck kept pacing around the room. Picking up objects off of bookshelves and tables at random, turning them this way and that, before setting them back down, then shifting them about until he was satisfied with their placement. Then he would return to the same objects a few moments later and do the same thing all over again.

Apollo looked at him, annoyed, "Could you please just sit still? You're making me nervous."

"Sorry. I'm just a little edgy," Starbuck said, then sat down.

A moment later he was up again. "It's stuffy in here. Don't you think it's stuffy in here? I mean, more so than usual. Couldn't you open up a vent or something?"

Apollo sighed. "Go ahead. Open a vent." Then, figuring finishing his report with the constant distractions Starbuck was causing was a lost cause, he got up and started running the water to let the dirty dishes in the sink soak. He put away a few things that Boxey was forever leaving in the middle of the main living area, and take care of a few other things that he didn't particularly want to come home to later this evening after he had a couple of  drinks in him and a child to put to bed.

"I'm gonna go use the turboflush. Maybe I'll grab a quick shave too. Do you think I need a shave?" Starbuck ran a hand over his face. "Yeah, I definitely could use a shave. On second thought, it'd be simpler just to shave tomorrow morning. Don't you think?"

"If you feel like shaving, shave. If you don't, don't. I'll just be another centon or two then we can head out to the OC."

"The OC? Nah, the more I think about it, the Rising Star is more fun. Besides we don't have to rush, we don't have to get up early for patrol tomorrow anyway. Let's go to the Rising Star."

"Whatever. Just go shave and do whatever you need to do and we'll go. Where we go doesn't make that much difference to me, but I am starting to feel a pretty strong urge for a drink," an increasingly exasperated Apollo said.

"I don't need to shave. I was just going to wait until tomorrow morning for that. Why? Do I really look like I need a shave?"

Apollo rolled his eyes. "You look fine, *Dear*. Lords you're worse than my sister!"

"Your sister? You're comparing me to your sister now? Do I *look* like your sister? Why would you compare me to your sister? Is it because I've lost a little weight? You know I had a stomach virus last secton. Besides, I've been eating pretty good since I got over it. I should be back to my normal weight before long. I can't believe that you're criticizing my weight, and after I've been sick no less. I thought we were friends."

"Starbuck, you look fine, you don't look anything like my sister. We *are* friends and *you* are also driving me nuts. Go to the turboflush, do what you're going to do, then lets go."

"You don't have to get snippy."

"I think I do."

Starbuck went to the turboflush, used the facilities, then decided he needed a shave after all. Returning to the living area around fifteen centons later, he found Apollo sitting at his desk, working on some reports.

"Aren't you ready to go? I thought you said you were ready to go? Don't you want to go? I was nice enough to come all the way over here to invite you out for a drink, and now you don't want to go." Starbuck started pacing agitatedly around the room again. "You know, it almost feels like there's a draft in here, does it seem drafty in here to you? Can't we close the vent?"

Apollo let out a frustrated sigh. "I *am* ready to go. In fact, I'm pretty desperate for a drink right now. By all means lets get out of here. And if you want to close the vent. Close the vent." He all but ground out.

Boxey popped his head out of his room. "I finished my lessons. Aren't we going to Aunt Athena's?"

"Just give us a few minutes."

"Do we really need to go anywhere? I mean, we could just stay here and have a drink. It would be less trouble," Starbuck suggested. "Do you have anything here to drink?"

Apollo let out a long suffering sigh and called out. "Boxey!"

"Yeah, Dad?"

"There's been a change of plans. We're staying home after all."

"Okay. Can I go down the corridor and play with Shar?"

"Sure. Go on. Don't be back too late."

"Thanks. Bye." Boxey called out to both of them as he left.

"So you don't want to go out?" Starbuck asked, sounding a little hurt. "I thought we could go out for awhile, just the two of us. You know, have a little fun? Just the guys."

Apollo crossed his arms over his chest, glaring at his at his best friend, who was, in his opinion, clearly having a mental breakdown. "You just said that you wanted to stay here and have a drink. Do you think that you could possibly make up your mind, and keep it made up, for more than a centon or two?"

"If you're going to get nasty with me, I'll just leave. I don't have to stay here and put up with your nasty attitude." Starbuck huffed.

"Fine by me."

Starbuck stomped out the door.

Less than a centon later, the door chimed.

"Come on in Starbuck, its not locked." Apollo called.

"I'm sorry. I just had a very stressful day. Forgive me?"

"I forgive you. However, as you might recall, we work together, and my day was just as stressful."

"I know. It won't happen again."

"Thank you. Now would you like to go out for that drink, or would you like to have one here? I gotta tell you though, at this point, my need for a good stiff drink is reaching critical mass. Could we please make up our minds?"

"We could go out. Then again, we could also stay here." Starbuck waffled.

"I. Am. Going. To. Kill. You."

Starbuck let out a little laugh. "What? I was leaving the choice up to you."

"You are soooo pushing your luck. You know that don't you?"

"I'm honestly not trying to aggravate you. I've just been a little out of sorts today, that's all," Starbuck said contritely.

"My day was pretty stressful too. Do you think I'm not stressed? I'm stressed. What would make you think I haven't had a stressful day too? I was working with you all day after all. I'm very stressed right about now!" Apollo ranted.

"Calm down. Geez, I don't know what's gotten in to you today."

"Me? Me?! What's gotten into me?! What's gotten into you?!"

"Apollo, calm yourself. Ever since I've been here you've been acting very agitated. I mean, really, I had a bad day too but you don't see me taking it out on you, do you? Now just relax and let me fix you a drink."

"A drink sounds good, very good. Yep, I could definitely use a drink."

"Good. I'll be right back." Starbuck assured him.

Alone, sitting on the longseat, Apollo sighed to himself, thought a moment, then he called out to Starbuck, "Please. Take your time. Don't rush on my account. I mean it. Really. Don't hurry." 'For the love of God, please don't hurry back.' He thought sourly to himself, 'I swear, he's my best friend, I love him to death... He *will* end up being the death of me."

Starbuck returned, smiling brightly, a drink in each hand. He set them on the little table by his side of the longseat proudly. "Here you go. I put extra ice in just the way you like it."

"Thanks. You're too good to me."

"No problem," Starbuck said, drinks the farthest thing from his mind, as he made himself very comfortable next to his friend on the longseat.

Apollo gave him a searching look. "Starbuck, did you come over here so we could have a drink or not?"

"Well of course I did. Why else would I be here? I said I'd like to take you out for a drink, but you didn't seem to want to go out for a drink. So here we are."

Apollo narrowed his eyes. "So after, what is it now? Forty five centons. Somehow I still don't have the aforementioned drink. In fact, you placed it out of my reach."

"What? Its right over there on the table. Do you want me to drink it for you?" Starbuck grinned.

"No. Thank you. Could you just hand it to me please?"

"Did you injure your arm? I don't recall an arm injury during 'your very stressful' day. Are you hurt?"

"I'm *fine* thanks," Apollo all but growled. "Just move over and I'll get it myself."

"Fine. I'll move. Didn't mean to get in your way."

Apollo let out another long suffering sigh. "You aren't in my way. I was just trying to get..."

He never got to finish that sentence. As he leaned over Starbuck to get his glass, he got distracted, 'Yeah, distracted,' he told himself at the time. He just lost his balance a little. Must have been the drink. 'Wait a micron! I haven't had anything to drink! Oh well.'

His thoughts were completely cut off within the next micron after he fell onto Starbuck and his mouth proceeded to be engulfed by heaven.

Afterwards, both of them feeling extremely satisfied, Apollo grinned joyfully at Starbuck, "So why *were* you so agitated when you came over?"

"Have you looked in a mirror lately?" Starbuck chuckled. "You've been agitating me for yahrens. You still are," he said as he made a very adept move towards Apollo's groin.

The End