Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
810
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
18
Hits:
1,103

Possession

Summary:

Spender, Mulder, and Scully travel to Nevada to investigate strange killings by seemingly normal people.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

««POSSESSION»»
By AV

"Pack your stuff!"

Scully wasn't the least bit amused when she heard Mulder's voice at 4 AM. She was half asleep, and the last thing she wanted to do was leave her bed.

"Where are we going, Mulder?" Scully asked sternly, her eyes half open. Her room was dark, and it was peaceful.

"Nevada," Mulder answered. "To be more specific, we're going to Sly County, Nevada. We need to go right now. Our plane leaves at six."

It was all happening so fast. She needed to get dressed and packed. She would most likely forget something and have to buy it over in Nevada.

But what could she say to Mulder?

"I'll be ready by five," Scully announced, regretting what she said the minute the words passed over her lips.

"Great!" Mulder cried out on the other line. "Spender is already on his way to the airport. I'll come by and pick you up."

"Spender — ?" Scully was cut off.

Scully sat in bed, once again tricked by Mulder. She had to go somewhere she didn't want to, for reasons unknown to her.

She started to pack.

 

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx
XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx
4:14 AM
XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Spender was going to kill Mulder. It seemed so right. He had been planning several different ways to torture him. To make him pay.

This was hard evidence that he needed sleep. If he didn't sleep, he got cranky and would lash out at people. It sounds a lot like what little boys do, but he never grew out of it. He was never a morning person. It all went back to his childhood. He never slept much. He had to either take care of his mother, or he was worrying where she had gone to.

His father was never around for him. He was a hateful man, and Spender believe that he regretted every minute he spent with his family.

But now he sat in his car, driving east-bound to the Washington D.C. Regional Airport. It was a short drive from where he lived, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Mulder will die...

As Spender drove, many more thoughts crossed his mind. He wouldn't be *as* mad at Mulder if he hadn't given him such little information. Mulder just called him up and said that they were going to Nevada. Nothing else.

After his and Scully's work on the nanotech case, Skinner thought they would make a good team. So, because of their "great teamwork," he made all three of them X-Files partners. It was now their job to investigate the strange cases together.

When he was originally assigned to the X-files, it didn't interest him that much. When people came to him with a case, he would either burn it, shred it, or read it over and laugh. But once he had to hand in his last report, he realized that X-files were everywhere. And they *could* be solved. They just needed a bit more effort. If he and Scully had done a few things differently in their case "B - 16756843 - Biological Response Modifiers." they would have cracked it.

Now it was "X - 16756843 - Biological Response Modifiers."

Filed it under "X". It was unsolved.

Spender continued his muttering till the airport.

 

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx
XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx
5:34 AM
XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Spender had been waiting at least ten minutes before Mulder and Scully arrived. They came rushing in so fast he hardly recognized them. Spender almost laughed once he saw Scully's hair. It hadn't been washed, and the rush job she did with it made it look like she put her head in a blender.

Scully saw Spender staring and scolded him.

Scully was the first to asked The Question. She had obviously been asking it to Mulder their whole trip to the airport. "Why are we going to Sly County, Nevada?"

Mulder shook his head. "I can't tell you yet."

"Why not?" Spender broke in. "Why aren't you telling us?"

Mulder smiled. "Because you might try and run away. If I tell you on the plane, you can't get away." Mulder smiled again.

"Why if I just stay here?" Scully asked. "And not go on the plane?"

Mulder shrugged. "Fine. Don't come."

Mulder signaled for Spender to follow him to the luggage check area. We gave a nice woman in a blue dress out luggage and trusted she to get it on our flight.

Spender looked back at Scully. She stood in the lobby, unsure if she should stay where she was, or go with them and finally give in to Mulder's insanity.

Seconds later, she gave in.

She probably should have stayed in the lobby. She should have never entered the plane. Because they were going to go on a trip they would never forget.

 

 

~~AV~~

Like? I like feedback. My next parts will be much long than this one.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author A V.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.