Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
529
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,523

This is Serious

Summary:

answer to Hustle Eddie prompt using distractions and get serious

Work Text:

Eddie stood in the back room. He was on the phone with his dad, listening to the old man complain about the neighbor’s kids. He glanced around the corner to keep an eye on his favorite grifters to make sure they didn’t help themselves.

“Da, you wanted to go home,” Eddie whispered.

“I know that,” came the irritated response. “And you know I’m grateful for all you and your friends did, but…”

Eddie rolled his eyes. He loved his father. He really did, but if he didn’t pay attention, that lot was likely to steal him blind. He peeked around the corner again just in time to see Albert slide out of the booth.

Albert bowed and held up Stacie’s coat. “Very well, my dear. I’ll show you.”

Stacie inclined her head and stood. She let Albert help her into her coat and looked at Danny and Ash expectantly. “You two coming?”

Eddie silently waved them off with his free hand. “Go on, all of ya,” he urged quietly.

Ash opened his mouth but suddenly shut it. Danny grinned impishly. “No, you two go ahead.”

Stacie smiled ruefully and shook her head. “It’s almost closing time. Don’t make Eddie have to throw you out.”

Danny’s grin grew wider. “You don’t have to worry about us, Stace.”

“What are you talking about?” his father asked.

Eddie ducked back into hiding. “Nothing.”

“Why are you whispering?”

“I’m not,” Eddie hissed and caught sight of Albert and Stacie leaving.

“As I was saying, you never acted like that as a little boy,” his father continued.

Eddie smirked, remembering some of the stunts he pulled. He toyed with the idea of calling his dad on the selective memory. “I’m sure he’s not that bad. You know how boys are.”

“Don’t give me that boys will be boys stuff.”

Eddie was sure that both Danny and Ash were probably that bad as boys. He looked to make sure that neither of them was behind the bar. He completely lost the thread of the conversation with his dad when he saw them making out in the booth.

The kissing was open mouthed and deep. They looked as if they were trying to devour each other’s mouths. They were so close that Danny was almost in Ash’s lap. Ash’s hands roamed over Danny’s back while Danny’s arms were around Ash’s neck.

“Eddie.”

Eddie didn’t register his dad’s voice. His throat was dry. His eyes widened when Ash squeezed Danny’s arse.

“Eddie, are you listening to me?”

Eddie was frozen. He didn’t notice his own breathing change. He saw Danny pull away from Ash’s mouth only to move his lips along Ash’s jaw.

“Are you all right?”

“Fine,” Eddie mumbled as Ash tilted his head back so Danny could kiss the side of his neck.

“Eddie!” his father snapped in exasperation and concern.

Eddie blinked and jerked back into the storage room. He leaned with his back against the cold wall. He shut his eyes and took a few deep breaths. “I’m all right, Da.”

“Are you sure?”

Eddie licked his lips and swallowed. He ran a hand through his hair and started for the back door. He’d lock up later. “Yeah. I’m sorry. I got distracted.”

“Pay attention. This is serious.”

Eddie bit his bottom lip to keep from laughing. “Yes, Da,” he replied solemnly.