Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2011-05-30
Words:
2,505
Chapters:
4/4
Kudos:
16
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
3,270

I Can See You

Summary:

This is the full moon challenge for the story lottery. Jack goes to Ianto’s grave but something strange happens

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Fandom:Torchwood
Characters: Captain Jack Harkness, Ianto Jones
Pairing:Janto
Genre: Romance
Rating:PG
Prompt:full moon @ story_lottery
Spoilers:All of Torchwood and Hub 3 convention
Warning(s):m/m
Word Count: 1045
Disclaimer: I do not own anything belonging to Torchwood
N/B This is for Gareth David-Lloyd and also for the person who came up with the question at the convention. If anyone remembers who it is let me know g. I want to thank them I will also be doing some other story suggestions that were made over the weekend and thank you to those who I met and had a great time with. You all rock.

Chapter Text

I Can See You
by Werelopard58

 

Chapter One

Jack took a deep breath and headed towards the gravestone that bared the name of the man that he had loved and lost.

Ianto Jones.

The full moon was so bright he could clearly see the writing on the tombstone, his heart broke as he stared at it. Jack had been travelling trying to deal with his grief. If only Ianto had been here holding him, helping with what he did to Steven and what had happened to Ianto, if only his lover was here then Jack knew he would have been able to make it, but not now. He was alone in the universe.

All in one fail swoop Jack had lost the man he loved, his daughter and his grandson and all of it was his fault.

Jack knew that he had to see Gwen at some point, to see how big she had grown carrying her and Rhys’ child.

He knew that she would cry and beg him to stay but he couldn’t. Jack knew that Gwen loved him it was a book or film romance. He was the mythical man that you would always love to meet, the actor of a character that you loved. That also meant that Jack could never meet her expectations, he would always disappoint her in some way.

Ianto listened, never judged. He just wanted to know his lover better but what Ianto didn’t know was that no one really knew him not even the Doctor. But Ianto knew him better than anyone else in the whole of time and space.

“Jack.” A distinctive voice said from behind him.

Jack turned around and standing there was John Hart.

“Not now.” Jack growled he was not in the mood to play Hart’s games.

“No I….” John stuttered.

Jack looked at him in confusion something was definitely different and he wasn’t sure if it was good or bad.

“John?” Jack questioned.

“I heard what happened.” John looked down at the grave. “I’m sorry about eye candy.”

“His name was Ianto, Ianto Jones.” Jack paused. “He was the man I loved and now he’s dead.”

John moved forwards and stood next to his ex-lover and the only person to hold his heart. “I always thought it was Gwen.” He mumbled.

“What was Gwen?” Jack asked confused.

“The person who took your heart from me, I’d always thought it was her the way you talked and looked at her, hell at each other.” John looked at Jack. “Eye…I mean Ianto, I just thought he was a quick shag but he wasn’t was he?”

“It started out that way. We just needed the release but somehow it just grew. I didn’t want to love him, I didn’t want to love anyone but Ianto managed to get past all my defenses and suddenly I couldn’t be without him.”

Jack collapsed to the ground sobbing. John knelt down and wrapped his arms around the man who he had always believed was the strongest and coldest man he could ever meet.

“Jack.” John whispered as he pressed a kiss against his hair.

“It was too soon, we didn’t have time. I knew I was going to lose him one day but not now, not like this. I have never felt so lost what am I going to do without him.” Jack cried.

John’s heart broke but at the same time he was so jealous of the 21st century man who had managed to do something that everyone else had failed to do.

Truly steal the heart of Captain Jack Harkness.

“You have to carry on Jack.” John said softly.

“I don’t think I can but I there is no other choice, I can’t die. I have to live an eternity knowing that I failed people I loved. Ianto didn’t know not really, all he wanted was me to say something, to indicate that we were in a relationship.” Jack wiped away his tears. “It wasn’t about me saying I love you, I think he knew that but he just wanted to know how things were and I …..” The words failed him, a black whole was consuming him and Jack had no idea how to escape. Maybe he didn’t want to, if he went insane he could live in his own happy world with Ianto.

That would be heaven to him, and forever in his own world with the person he wanted most.

“Jack you can’t give up. You are needed.” John stood up. “I’ll be around for a bit just to keep an eye on you should you need a friend. All you have to do is call my name. People need you, it’s hard to carry on but maybe just forgetting for a little while might help you.”

“I’m tired. Tired of it all.” Jack mumbled as John left. “I have all of time why couldn’t I just have had a little more with Ianto.” The wind blew through him. The large moon shone above. He smiled to himself it was definitely true what they said happened to people on the full moon. “Perhaps I am crazy?”

A laugh echoed around him, Jack jumped to his feet and looked around suddenly a light appeared on Ianto’s grave and from that light a figure appeared.

“Jack.” A voice whispered.

“Ianto, I can see you?” He whispered as blackness surrounded him and he collapsed to the ground hoping this time it would stay like that

The End

This is not the end just the beginning, more to come in the future. G. Well if you want it of course. Hmmm actually I would write it anyway LOL