Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Raising Tony
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2009-10-28
Words:
9,076
Chapters:
9/9
Comments:
3
Kudos:
90
Bookmarks:
5
Hits:
16,446

Raising Tony Vol One

Summary:

AO: This is were Tony is raised my Leroy Jethro Gibbs. Tony is left on Gibbs door steps when he is two years old and Gibbs adopted him making him his own son giving the boy a good home. 

These are some of my first stories so the chapters are a bit shorter threw my writing I get better at writing longer stories.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own the show or the character of NCIS. I am not associated with the owner of the character or the show. 

This is a way of the way the show has these two characters. Tony is but a toddler when he arrives and Gibbs is going to raise him. 

Father/Son: Leroy Jethro Gibbs & Tony DiNozzo

Genre: Family, Comedy, Little Hurt & Comfort

Chapter Text

 

There was a knock on the door and I  sighed, it was the middle of the afternoon maybe it was something important. Why people cant call and leave a damn message always confused me. I wiped my hands as I headed up stairs. When I opened the door there was a car seat with what looked like a small toddler.

I froze for a second. It was cold out so I picked the carrier up and headed inside to set him down and I lifted him out to make sure he was warm cradling him in one arm, I saw a letter with my name on it. I unfolded it to read it. There were other papers down there as well.

“Dear Jethro,

          Its been awhile and I have not talked to you since Shannon and Kelly died. I am sorry to do this to you but the doctors says that I won’t be alive much longer and Tony doesn’t need to watch me die. I don’t want you giving him to social services as he passed the age were adoption is most likely to happen. Jethro, you were my friend as much as Shannon was and I trust you with my son. His father died over in Iraq about eighteen months ago and I have no family, I was a foster kid my self. Please Jethro watch over my son. Please make sure he has a happy childhood. Something I couldn’t give him and something he deserves. All the guardian papers are in here as well that are signed over to you being his legal guardian.

Isabella DiNozzo”

I looked through the rest of the papers. There was his birth certificate with one of my best friend that I knew had passed away about two years and six months ago in the line of duty. I couldn’t give the kid up I was going to have to raise him

“Well Tony it looks like its just you and me little man.” He had fallen asleep in my arms.

I was glad that the Navy Yard where NCIS was, has a 24/7 Daycare for the people who works there with children and that was what I was going to have to do. Truth be told raising a son was something I wouldn’t mind doing. It already started to fill the missing spot of Shannon and Kelly who would always be in my heart but looking at Tony I knew that I have found a new meaning besides fighting for justice.

I made a call.

 “Hey Ducky could you come over to my place. I have a small patient I would like you to look over. The paper says he’s about twenty four months old and I would like you to see if he’s healthy.”

On the other side of the phone “Jethro where did you get a toddler?”

I took a deep breath how to explain this to one of my best friends. “He was left on my doorstep and no I don’t want to hear a story Ducky. The woman was an old friend of me and Shannon’s. Her husband and I served together he died about the time she would have been about four months along. I was named the godfather by the mother and I guess she just never thought to tell me all this. But could you just come over and look over the child?” I think Ducky was in shock then I heard him clear his throat. “I’ll be right over Jethro” then he hung up probably shocked.