Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,856
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
21
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,560

Let's Get Campy

Summary:

Johnny, Roy, Chet and Marco go on a camping trip. What they don't know is the battle axe nurse is out to get them, particularly Johnny, Roy and Marco, in retaliation for her getting fired from Rampart General Hospital.

Work Text:




Let's Get Campy
by Lynneste
 
Johnny Gage, Roy DeSoto, Chet Kelly and Marco Lopez were on their way to a secret campsite. They were looking forward to a nice and relaxing weekend.
 
A couple hours later, the men arrived at their destination. They unloaded their vehicle and set everything up near a lake.
 
Meanwhile, the battle axe nurse, who had been fired from Rampart General Hospital, was driving around. She was looking for Johnny, Roy and Marco, to give them a piece of her mind about her losing her job at the hospital.
 
She muttered, "When I find those overgrown brats, they'll be in for it!"
 
She continued to look for Johnny, Roy and Marco. The battle axe nurse stopped by Station 51 to check. The shift's captain told her they were off. The sullen battle axe nurse stormed off. She seemed determined to find Johnny, Roy and Marco.
 
At the campsite, Johnny, Roy, Chet and Marco were sitting around a campfire. They were discussing how they, with Mike Stoker and Hank Stanley, were bound to move into one house and live together.
 
Johnny said, "Roy and I are glad both of you decided to come live with us."
 
Marco said, "Chet and I felt you could let us stay with you until we could find a better place."
 
Chet said, "When we find that better place, you and Roy can move in with us."
 
Roy asked, "How about letting Mike and Cap move in as well?"
 
Marco said, "That's an absolutely wonderful idea."
 
Chet said, "I couldn't agree better."
 
Roy said, "That would make us one happy family."
 
Johnny said, "I can see that beautiful picture in my mind."
 
That night, the men were sitting underneath the starlit sky and staring at the lights shining in Los Angeles County.
 
Meanwhile, the battle axe nurse was becoming more irrational. She drove her car, neither watching what she was doing nor where she was going. She was becoming more desperate to find Johnny, Roy and Marco. The battle axe nurse thought she knew where to find them. So she drove onto a freeway at high speed. She was weaving in and out of traffic. Suddenly, she lost control of her car and crashed through a guardrail. Her car went airborne, landed on its side, then slid onto its roof.
 
At the campsite, Johnny, Roy, Chet and Marco were inside their tent, turning in for the night. Their sleeping bags were zipped together. The men were positioned in the style of, "Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice." They said their goodnights and I love yous to one another and then fell asleep.
 
At the site where the battle axe nurse crashed, paramedics Tom Wheeler and Craig Brice were tending to their patient. LACoSD Deputy Vince Howard was taking down information.
 
Several minutes later, the unresponsive battle axe nurse was wheeled into Rampart General Hospital. Nurse Dixie McCall immediately recognized the patient, and called Drs. Kelly Brackett and Joe Early. The battle axe nurse was taken into a trauma room.
 
In the staff lounge, Tom and Craig were waiting for more word on the patient they brought in.
 
Tom said, "At least there's no one from any other station to pester me about hogging the credit for this."
 
Craig said, "I should take some credit for this rescue as well."
 
Just then, Dixie came in. Tom and Craig stood up.
 
Tom asked, "How is she?"
 
Dixie replied, "She's suffered massive head trauma. Her condition is extremely critical." She then asked, "Do you know who you just brought in?"
 
Craig replied, "Not really."
 
Dixie said, "What you two brought in was a nurse Dr. Brackett fired from this hospital."
 
Craig asked, "Why was she fired?"
 
Dixie replied, "She was fired for her behavior towards a physical therapist who was supposed to be helping Johnny after he was struck by that hit-and-run driver."
 
Tom asked, "Did the physical therapist ever get a chance to help Johnny?"
 
Dixie replied, "Well, no. Each time she tried to work with him, the nurse would go in and kick her out. The nurse also had behavior problems with Johnny, Roy and Marco, as well as several other patients and staff, including Drs. Brackett and Early and myself, here at Rampart."
 
Just then, Kelly came into the staff lounge and said, "Dix, you're needed."
 
Dixie said, "On my way, Kel," then said to Tom and Craig, "Excuse me." She and Kelly then hurried out of the staff lounge.
 
Tom and Craig looked at each other and, in unison, said, "This isn't good."
 
In the trauma room where the battle axe nurse was, Dixie was helping Kelly and Joe prepare the battle axe nurse for surgery.
 
A few moments later, Tom and Craig were out on the road in Squad 110.
 
Craig said, "I hope that nurse makes it. If she doesn't, I'll make certain Johnny, Roy and Marco face responsibility."
 
Tom asked, "How could Johnny, Roy and Marco be at fault?"
 
"I'm guessing they complained to Drs. Brackett and Early and Nurse McCall about that nurse and her behavior. I also have a feeling the physical therapist Nurse McCall was telling us about might've complained about the same thing. That physical therapist should also face some responsibility, as well."
 
The following morning, Johnny, Roy, Chet and Marco were having coffee. They were just enjoying the fresh air and taking in nature.
 
Johnny said, "We're having a great time. We should bring Mike and Cap to this heavenly paradise."
 
Roy said, "That's a great idea."
 
Chet said, "I have a feeling they'll like this campsite."
 
Marco said, "Oh, they sure will."
 
Chet said, "I wonder if anything big is happening back in town."
 
Roy said, "Let's not worry about that right now."
 
Johnny said, "I agree. Let's just relax and enjoy this camping trip."
 
Marco said, "Good idea."
 
A little bit later, the men were skinny dipping in the lake. They were amusing one another with their antics. Johnny and Roy performed fluid ballet maneuvers. Chet and Marco followed their moves. The men then embraced one another in a group hug.
 
Meanwhile, at Rampart General Hospital, the battle axe nurse was in a hospital bed hooked up to machines and monitors. She was still unresponsive, even after her operation to remove blood clots.
 
In the staff lounge, Joe and Dixie were discussing how to tell Tom and Craig if the battleaxe nurse succumbs to her injuries.
 
Dixie said, "Joe, last night, I was talking to Tom and Craig about the patient they wheeled in."
 
Joe said, "Dix, it's okay. I hope they don't have to tell Johnny, Roy and Marco about her. That patient won't be giving us any problems any time soon."
 
"I'm not sure how to say this. But I have a feeling Tom and Craig are bound to pin the blame on Mary Lynn, Johnny, Roy and Marco if the patient dies."
 
"Dix, don't even think about that. Just go along with the program."
 
Just then, Kelly burst into the staff lounge and blurted, "Joe, Dix, the patient is convulsing!"
 
The three ran out of the staff lounge.
 
At the campsite, Johnny, Roy, Chet and Marco were drying off around a campfire.
 
Johnny said, "I'm hoping there'd be a full moon tonight."
 
Marco asked, "Why's that?"
 
Johnny replied, "So we all can take a moonlight swim."
 
Chet said, "That would be really nice."
 
Roy said, "A full moon would be just right on this camping trip."
 
Johnny said, "A full moon is always beautiful."
 
Marco said, "Definitely."
 
That night, Johnny got his wish. A full moon illuminated the sky. He, Roy, Chet and Marco took a moonlight swim, au naturel, in the lake.
 
Roy said, "Johnny, this camping trip has been wonderful. A moonlight swim like this is just right before we have to go back home."
 
Johnny said, "I'm glad you had a great time. The night air feels good."
 
Marco said, "I'm sure Mike and Cap would like this."
 
Chet said, "I have a feeling they would."
 
Meanwhile, at Rampart General Hospital, Tom and Craig were on a supply run. They finished loading their supplies into Squad 110 when Dixie came out into the ambulance entrance.
 
Tom asked, "Is there a problem?"
 
Dixie replied, "It's the patient you brought in last night."
 
Craig asked, "What about her?"
 
Dixie said, "This afternoon, she went into convulsions. Drs. Brackett and Early and I tried to save her. She didn't make it. I'm sorry, fellas."
 
Shocked, Tom and Craig walked back into Rampart Hospital. Dixie went after them. She tried to keep them calm. Kelly and Joe took Tom and Craig into the staff lounge. Dixie went in, as well.
 
Kelly said, "You guys can't blame Johnny, Roy and Marco for this. It's not their fault."
 
Tom said, "Then, perhaps the physical therapist Nurse McCall was telling me and Craig about should take some responsibility."
 
Dixie said, "No. It's not her fault either. That nurse got herself fired."
 
Joe said, "It was her behavior towards Johnny, Roy, Marco, the physical therapist and the other patients and staff that got her fired."
 
Craig said, "From what Nurse McCall told me and Tom, it seemed like that nurse was doing what's right in the best interest of the patients and staff here."
 
Dixie said, "No matter what the circumstances are, do not blame Johnny, Roy and Marco."
 
Craig said, "How should Tom and I tell them?"
 
Joe said, "I'm sure they'll read it in the newspaper."
 
Kelly said, "So it's best you let them find out for themselves."
 
Tom and Craig said, "Very well."
 
The following afternoon, Johnny, Roy, Chet and Marco were on their way home. They went a different route, to avoid heavy freeway traffic. When they arrived home, they were tired but happy to be there.
 
The next day, the men were at Station 51. Chet was in the day room with Hank and Mike. Johnny, Roy and Marco were in the apparatus bay talking with Batt. Chief McConnike.
 
Batt. Chief McConnike said, "I'm sure you read the newspaper. What happened wasn't your fault."
 
Johnny asked, "Why was that nurse looking for me, Roy and Marco?"
 
Batt. Chief McConnike replied, "I don't know. All I know is she stopped by here looking for you the other day. The shift's captain told her you were off. He then saw her drive away and that's about it."
 
Roy asked, "What do you think she wanted?"
 
Batt. Chief McConnike replied, "Beats me."
 
Marco said, "Perhaps that nurse wanted to blame us for her getting fired from Rampart."
 
Johnny asked, "Why would she want to do that?"
 
Roy replied, "She was probably sore about losing her job there."
 
Batt. Chief McConnike said, "Drs. Brackett and Early, Nurse McCall and Ms. Smith told me everything. You're not to blame for that nurse getting fired from Rampart General Hospital. She did it to herself. So I suggest you three forget about her and just go about your business."
 
Marco asked, "But what about Tom Wheeler and Craig Brice?"
 
Batt. Chief McConnike replied, "I had a talk with them. I also spoke to the shift's captain. They won't bother you about it. So just go along with the program."
 
Johnny, Roy and Marco said, "Very well."

Over the next several weeks, between shifts, Johnny and Roy helped Chet and Marco find a new house. When one was found, the four men, with Mike and Hank, moved in.
 
One weekend, the six men went camping at the same campsite. They liked doing the same activities. When they came back home, they were happy to be there.
 

DONE