Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
311
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
3
Hits:
864

Lover Bayou

Summary:

Gambit demands to know what Rogue meant when she called him "lover bayou".

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Lover Bayou
by Pirate Turner

        "Lover Bayou!" It was three days later, in the midst of battle, before Gambit exploded. "What de heck's dat supposed t' mean?!" He dispatched an opponent with a charged card, then whirled to glare at Rogue, who punched another guy's lights out.

        She looked at him with a grin and shrugged her shoulders. "Why don't ya figure it out, shugah? It can't be that hard fer ya."

        He flicked another card without even looking at the on-rusher. "I been tryin', chere. You from bayou country, too."

        "Ah'm from the South, shugah, not so much the bayou." She tried not to laugh at the furious look that darkened his face and had to bite her bottom lip to keep from doing so.

        "Let me tell you somethin' 'bout de bayou country, cherie. It makes men strong, builds character an' passion. De people dere, dey believe in de true way o' lovin'. Ya ain't ever been loved 'til ya been loved by a Cajun."

        Rogue looked at him with a quirked brow, an amused expression resting on her ruby red lips. "That line sounds like a bumper sticker for yoah bike, Gambit."

        "It's a statement o' life, petite."

        "Really?" She shrugged, then plowed her closed fist into the face of another FOH member. "Must be somebody else's life." She took to the air, leaving him behind and throwing her concentration fully into the battle. She allowed herself one last, dismal thought: When would Remy ever realize that who he wanted wasn't her for what he thought he offered could never be her life?

        The answer came from below her, but she never heard it. "Never, chere." There was another trademark about Cajuns that Remy hadn't mentioned, and that was that once a Cajun put his mind to something, he didn't stop until he got it done.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.