Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
335
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,171

Adorkable

Summary:

Peter's thoughts on Walter -- answer to one word challenge to use "adorkable"

Work Text:

--Eccentric. Mad. Dr. Frankenstein.--

Peter Bishop shook his head. There were many adjectives he could use to describe his father Walter.

--Brilliant. Imaginative. Enthusiastic.--

Peter sat in Olivia’s small office at the lab. He was behind her desk, chin in his palm. His brow furrowed in thought. He suddenly remembered Walter comforting Jessica Warren and he rolled his eyes at himself. He had to admit it.

--Sweet. Fragile. Tentative with people.--

“Peter, the body’s here. Come on,” Walter called excitedly.

Peter sat up and smirked.

--A man who takes great joy in the bizarre and can’t be grossed out.--

Olivia stuck her head in. “You coming?”

Peter stood. “Yeah.”

“Is there something wrong?”

Peter met her at the door. “No. Just thinking.” He leaned in close and nodded to Walter unzipping a body bag. “You know what Astrid called him?” he asked quietly.

Olivia arched an eyebrow at Peter. “What?”

“Adorkable.”

Walter peered at the large, red welt covering the victim’s chest but didn’t touch it. He straightened up and motioned to Astrid. “Take a couple steps back.”

Astrid did as she was told. “Why?”

Walter grabbed a nearby umbrella and opened it in the direction of the body. “I think we have Mt. Vesuvius here.”

Before Astrid could reply, the welt exploded with a giant splat. Blood and puss sprayed up and out, covering a three foot radius around the body. She frowned around the edge of the umbrella. “That’s just gross.”

Walter handed the umbrella to her. “Fascinating. I wonder if it was a build up of toxins or gasses. Scrap off the blood and tissue. We’ll need it.” He rubbed his hands in anticipation. “Now, let’s see what we have left. Peter!”

Olivia grinned at Peter. “In a weird way, adorkable fits.”

Peter sighed. One end of his mouth quirked up. “Yeah, I suppose so.”

“Peter!” Walter called again impatiently. He intently examined what was left of the chest cavity. “Come take a look at this. The internal organs have liquefied.”

Peter knew that he shouldn’t find any amusement in this situation, but such were the circumstances of their lives. He chuckled. “Coming, Walter.”