Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
542
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,042

Trying to Hide

Summary:

Summary: There's only so much one can take...

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:


 

Trying to Hide
By Cris or RemRules
 
Logan did not want to be found. By anyone. He tried to talk to Jean, but the redhead was too involved in the latest tantrum Scott was throwing. Apparently, Cyclops’s whines are able to block her mental abilities. Must be a new power or something.

He was mad. Really mad. Borderline homicidal. Or 'Cajuncidal' for that matter. The nerve of that thief! How dare him push Wolverine into a corner? Nobody plays with Logan. Doesn't he know that?

By now, Logan had found himself deep in the woods surrounding the mansion. He looked for a nice and comfortable tree, just so he could be alone in his element. But that didn't help either. He was about to turn said tree into toothpicks when a familiar scent reached him.

"How did you found me?" He asked without turning.

"I followed the sliced vegetation." Gambit sounded a little tired.

"What do you want?" That one was growled out.

"You know what I want. It's the reason that got you acting this way. I won't apologize, Logan."

"I don't want you to."

"Then why are you still mad at me?"

"It's not you I'm mad at. It's the situation."

"Logan..."

Gambit approach Wolverine slowly, and carefully put his hand on the older man's shoulder. Logan jerked away from the touch and step a little further.

"Don't Remy. Go home. I need to think."

"OK. But I guess you already did all the thinking you need. Don't worry, I'll respect your decision... ...Even if it kills me."

The last part was said so softly that no normal human ears would be able to hear it. Except Logan isn't exactly normal. Or totally human. And that was what did it. Something broke inside him. He made his choice right then and there. Gambit had barely taken three steps when he felt Wolverine grab his arm. He stopped, but didn't turn.

"Why, Remy? Why do you need this? Why now?" Logan sound desperate.

"I'm tired, Logan. Tired of stealing, of pretending, of hiding, of being ashamed. I've been doing it all my life. I've been rejected from my family, my friends, and just about everybody who's ever met me. Prof. Xavier and the X-Men are the closest to a real family I've ever had. But even they don't know the real me. And I'm sure some of them won't be able to accept me. I always had to hide my powers and who I am from the world.

You know me, Logan. All of me. I need you to accept me. To be proud of me. I need for someone to not push me away. I won't hide who I love. Not when took me so much to finally conquer it."

Logan closed his eyes and lean close to kiss the Acadian. He couldn't deny it anymore. He was in love with a french thief.

"OK. But I'm not wearing matching tuxedos. I have to draw the line somewhere. Enough that YOU propose to me. I won't be the bride!"

"Oh, chérie. You could never be a bride. Just think at what the hair removal bill would be like!"

"Shut up and kiss me, Gumbo."

 

End - Hope you guys like it!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author RemRules .
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.