Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
735
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,216

Lily The Vampire Slayer/First Daughter

Summary:

SUMMARY: Riley suspects something's up with his newest charge...and it reminds him of someone he knew in Sunnydale.
CLASSIFICATION: Riley/Other interaction, Buffy/Riley friendship,
SPOILERS: Set about 10 years after "Chosen."
DISTRIBUTION: Any sites with my fic up; you all have unspoken permission. I write it, you can post it. Everyone else just keep my name on it and let me know.
DISCLAIMER: If you don't recognize it, chances are it's my own creation. If you do, I don't own it. Joss Whedon, Kazui Sandollar, The WB, UPN, et. al. most likely do.
FEEDBACK: Please send it offlist and let me know it's feedback; I do rapid delete on my account due to a lot of spam.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is my answer to gidgetgirl's The First Daughter challenge, which goes as follows:
Several years post-Chosen, one girl discovers her slayer powers in the most unusual of places...the White House. The only daughter of the President of the United States, this girl must keep her slaying a secret from her family, the secret service, and the country as a whole.
Requirements:
One secret service member must be a canon character.
There must be some legislation pending about magic or slayers.
The girl must be somewhat rebellious because of living her life in such a defined cage.
A canon vampire (Harmony, Dru, etc) must prove to be a problem for the slayer.
Either Buffy or Faith must be involved in the young girl's training
Options:
The slayer can be any age, though I would prefer teenaged.
Buffy or Faith developing a relationship with the president.
Ditching the secret service.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Lily, The Vampire Slayer/First Daughter
By Ragna

 

Lily Baxter glanced at her uniform in disgust. She hated the prep school she was at, she hated the looks her classmates gave her...

But most of all, she hated the Secret Service agent sitting at the back of the classroom. She'd nicknamed him Hawk during the election race when her father was running for President because he never let her out of his sight. Now that her dad was President, it had just gotten worse.

She sighed and looked out the window at the students who were on lunch. She'd begged with her father to let her go back to public school. She wanted a normal high school experience, not this sanitized dreck. She wanted to have...well, she wanted a lot of things. She wasn't getting them.

She stretched and turned her attention back to the teacher. He was going on and on about algebraic formulas. It was all Lily could do not to yawn. She hated math!

She pounded her fist on the desk, lightly, as a sign of frustration. It was something she'd done a million times. She'd pound out a rhythmic pattern until someone told her to knock it off. Only this time...

This time, after pounding once, a chunk of the desk broke off and landed on the floor with a crash. The entire room fell hushed, and Lily's face heated up as everyone turned to stare at her. She couldn't take it anymore. It was just another strange incident, but all the other ones had happened in private. This one...how was she going to explain?

Without saying a word, she got up and ran from the room, sure that Hawk was right on her tail.

***

She was right. Hawk, also known as Special Agent Riley Finn, was right behind her. But he was also dialing a number, one he'd had for months now, after a call from an old friend telling him to watch Lily for any signs that she might be a Slayer.

Sending a chunk of wooden desk to the floor with a slight tap would probably constitute Slaying abilities.

The phone rang three times before it was picked up. "Hello?" a sleepy voice murmured.

"Did I wake you up?"

"Riley! What's going on?"

"Lily just broke a chunk of desk of with a light tap." Riley stopped near the girls bathroom he'd seen Lily run into. He lowered his voice. "I think you and Willow were right. She's a Slayer."

"Damn. I was hoping we were wrong." Riley heard Buffy sigh on the other end of the phone. "What do you think we should do?"

"How soon can you get to DC?"

"Soon."

***

Lily sat on the toilet. Why hadn't Hawk come in after her? She opened the stall door a little and peeked out.

There he was, leaning against the sink. "So. How long have you been able to do stuff like that?"

"It's none of your business."

"I think it is." He held out the phone. "Call your dad."

"Why?"

"Tell him you're sick and need to be picked up. I don't think you really want to go back to class."

"Dad has a Cabinet meeting today."

"Then I'll sign you out."

Lily gave him a puzzled look. "You can do that?"

"Sometimes. If I make sure you get straight home, there won't be a problem."

Lily nodded. "Okay."

"So...how long have you been that strong?"

"Why are you so interested?"

"Because I have a friend that's the same way."

Lily stared at him. "No way. I'm the only one that's a...freak."

"Trust me, if you tell me the time I think you're going to tell me, then you aren't alone."

"Ten years. When I was six, I was playing construction with a neighborhood boy and I slammed his wooden hammer through a piece of wood that was a half inch think. He freaked out and ran off."

Riley nodded. "Hate to tell you this, and I mean I really hate to tell you this, but you're a Slayer."

"A what?"

"A Slayer. There's supposed to be one in every generation, but..." Riley shrugged. "I can tell you more later. For now, we have to get you home."

"Why?"

"Do you really want to go back to class?" Lily shook her head. "I didn't think so. Let's hit your locker."

"Okay."

 

tbc....

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ragna.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.