Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
2,239
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,156

Roy's Redemption

Summary:

Roy wants to make something up to the guys for not taking his place in the Firemen's Picnic barbershop quartet competition.

Work Text:


 
 
Roy's Redemption
by Lynneste
 

 
 
Everything was quiet at Casa de 51. Roy DeSoto was sitting in the attached gazebo. He was thinking about how he wished he could make something up to his lovers. After all, he was the one who coached them for the Firemen's Picnic barbershop quartet competition. The guys secretly clowned up their act a little, and won the comedy category trophy.
 
Outside, across the road from Casa de 51, three women were walking. They were also singing, "I Found a Million Dollar Baby (in a Five and Ten Cent Store)." When they were finished, they stopped to talk about how they're going to perform at the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden benefit.
 
One woman said, "Hazel, we have to practice how we're going to dance onstage, as well as offstage."
 
Hazel said, "Jasmine, we can dance like the singers did while at clubs during World War II." She turned her head and asked, "Rosemary, what should we call ourselves?"
 
Rosemary replied, "I'm not sure. But we got a lot of rehearsing."
 
Jasmine said, "Not to mention we also have to be well for the event. Come on, let's get back to our work."
 
The three women continued walking. Soon, they were far from Casa de 51.
 

 

Twenty minutes later....
 
Johnny Gage was looking for Roy at the house, calling his name.
 
"Roy? Roy, where are you? Roy?"
 
No answer. Alarmed, Johnny ran to the bedroom. He was shocked by what he saw. Roy was curled up in a ball on the floor. Johnny went over to Roy, whose eyes were bloodshot red from crying for the last twenty minutes.
 
Johnny asked, "Roy, what went on? Did something happen?"
 
Roy sobbed, "Someone knows something."
 
"What are you talking about? Who knows something about what?"
 
"While I was out in the gazebo, three women were walking, and they were singing about something in a five and dime store."
 
"Those three women, did they have names?"
 
"Their names sounded like Hazel, Jasmine and Rosemary."
 
"Did they also talk about something else, like an event or something?"
 
"They were talking about a benefit for the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden. Johnny, I don't want you and the rest to hate me. I'll make something up to everybody."
 
At that moment, Chet Kelly, Marco Lopez, Mike Stoker and Hank Stanley appeared in the doorway.
 
Johnny said, "Roy, you know I don't hate you. The rest of the guys don't hate you either. We all live in love under one roof here at Casa de 51."
 
He looked up and saw the gang standing in the doorway. He then asked, "How long have you guys been standing there?"
 
Roy looked up, saw the gang and began, "Oh my...." He then broke down again. Johnny took him in his arms and hugged him real tight.
 
He said, "Roy, it's going to be okay."
 
Hank went in, knelt down beside the broken man and assured the same thing.
 
He said, "Johnny is right, Roy. None of us hate you." He then asked, "What do you want to make up to us, I don't understand?"
 
Roy tearfully replied, "I want to make everything up to you for not taking my place in the Firemen's Picnic barbershop quartet competition."
 
"You mentioned something about a benefit for the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden. It's only three weeks away. That's plenty of time to rehearse."
 
Johnny said, "That's a good start."
 
Roy choked and sniffed, "You really think so?"
 
"Sure."
 
Hank wiped away Roy's tears and hugged him real tight.
 
He turned to Chet, Marco and Mike and said, "Roy could use your love right now."
 
Chet, Marco and Mike went in and took turns hugging Roy real tight.
 
Ten minutes later, the six men disrobed until they were au naturel. Roy was the recipient of strokes and love touches. Johnny, Chet, Marco, Mike and Hank each grabbed and groped at one another with Roy getting touches in between. Roy even got his chances to grab and grope at his five lovers. All of that went on for about forty-five minutes.
 
Afterwards, the guys drew up a bath for Roy. They led him over to the tub and helped him in. They then got in and bathed him. Roy was in paradise with all the love he was getting.
 
Later, Chet and Marco pulled back the covers on Johnny and Roy's bed. They then helped Johnny, Mike and Hank lead Roy over to it and helped him inside. Johnny then got in behind him. Mike and Hank then pulled the covers up on Johnny and Roy, who fell asleep.

 

 
The following morning....
 
Casa de 51 was awake with Chet, Marco, Mike and Hank out on the gazebo.
 
Hank asked, "Don't you think it's time Johnny and Roy were awake and out here with us?"
 
Mike said, "Let's let them sleep for a few minutes longer."
 
Marco said, "After what Roy has been through, he and Johnny may need time to discuss things."
 
Hank said, "They can discuss things with us. We're all in this together."
 
Chet said, "Right." He then asked, "But don't you think they have personal problems only they can solve on their own?"
 
Hank replied, "Whatever problems they have we all can solve together. I'm going to go get Johnny and Roy up. When we come back out to the gazebo here, we can discuss everything."
 
A few minutes later, Johnny, Roy and Hank came out to the gazebo. They sat down with Chet, Marco and Mike.
 
Hank said, "Roy, we'd like to find out what brought the tears on."
 
Roy said, "I was sitting out here in the gazebo when I heard three women singing while they were across the road from Casa de 51."
 
Johnny said, "Roy told me the women's names were Hazel, Jasmine and Rosemary."
 
Roy said, "That's right. Those three women were walking and singing, "I Found a Million Dollar Baby (in a Five and Ten Cent Store)," at the same time."
 
Mike said, "Now we're getting somewhere."
 
Johnny said, "You're doing good."
 
Marco asked, "Did anything else happen?"
 
Roy said, "Yes. Hazel, Jasmine and Rosemary then discussed how they were going to dance onstage and offstage and what to call themselves."
 
Chet asked, "Did they think of a stage name?"
 
Roy said, "No. They also said they had a lot of rehearsing, to be well for the event and to get back to their work."
 
Hank asked, "What else did they discuss?"
 
Roy said, "That was about it. They then walked away."
 
Hank asked, "How could've all that brought the tears on?"
 
Roy said, "It all made me remember coaching you and the rest for the Firemen's Picnic barbershop quartet competition."
 
Chet said, "That's when we clowned up our act a little, and won the comedy category trophy."
 
Roy said, "I was recovering from a cold at the time."
 
Johnny said, "You have lots of time to make everything up to us."
 
Marco said, "We still love you just the same."
 
Hank said, "That's right."
 
Roy felt better about getting everything out in the open.

 

 
One week later....
 
Roy was being discharged from Rampart General Hospital. He finally did something about regrowing hair in the bald spot on his head. He knew Drs. Kelly Brackett, Joe Early and Mike Morton did such a brilliant job with the procedure.
 
During the same week, Hazel, Jasmine and Rosemary were getting checked by Nurses Dixie McCall and Sally Lewis. Student nurse Sharon Walters was in charge of taking urine samples to the laboratory. Sally went to help with Sharon. Dixie then told Hazel, Jasmine and Rosemary they'll be getting a routine physical, neurological and gynecological examination.
 
Hazel asked, "Who's going to do the job?"
 
Dixie replied, "Nurse Practitioner Lontroup will do the honors."
 
Jasmine said, "Hazel, Rosemary and I already gave urine samples."
 
Dixie said, "I'm well aware of that."
 
Rosemary asked, "When is our examinations?"
 
Just then, there was a knock at the door.
 
Dixie replied, "Right now," then turned her head and said, "Come on in."
 
The nurse practitioner entered the exam room. She saw and greeted the three patients.
 
Dixie said, "I'll be getting more tests for you," and left the room.
 
Nurse Practitioner Lontroup gave Hazel, Jasmine and Rosemary each a thorough physical, neurological and gynecological examination. The nurse practitioner did her best to be gentle as possible.
 
About an hour and a half later, Dixie, Sally and Sharon came back into the exam room.
 
Dixie said, "Nurse Practitioner Lontroup told me each of you did so well. Your cooperation is really appreciated. Now all that's needed of you now is blood samples and skin tests."
 
Hazel, Jasmine and Rosemary bared their arms. Dixie did the proper procedures in getting the blood samples and skin tests. Sally was in charge of taking them to the laboratory. Sharon helped out.

 

 
One week later....
 
Johnny and Roy were on a supply run at Rampart General Hospital. They got the needed items and left. Hazel, Jasmine and Rosemary came in looking for Dixie. Dixie found them in the waiting room.
 
She said, "The three amazon patients. I'm now going to lead you to Nurse Practitioner Lontroup's office. Wait there, and she'll be with you shortly."
 
Five minutes later, Hazel, Jasmine and Rosemary were sitting on a sofa in Nurse Practitioner Lontroup's office.
 
Hazel said, "I hope she has good news for us."
 
Jasmine said, "Yeah. Next week is the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden benefit."
 
Rosemary said, "We need to be well for that."
 
Nurse Practitioner Lontroup came into her office, closed the door with her hip and sat at her desk.
 
She said, "My three amazon patients. I have good news for you. You each have a clean bill of health. That means you're all fine."
 
Hazel, Jasmine and Rosemary said, "That's great!"

 

 
One week later....
 
The Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden benefit was in gear. Johnny, Roy, Chet, Marco, Mike and Hank were waiting to perform barbershop music. Roy, Chet, Mike and Hank were dressed as barbers while Johnny and Marco were dressed as their clients. The six men's hair was trimmed.
 
From a stage, an announcer bellowed, "Our next performers, the Blitzkrieg Bombshells!"
 
The first beats and musical rifts of, "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy," belted out. Hazel, Jasmine and Rosemary danced out onstage. They were dressed and made up 1940s style. The three women performed with effort.
 
Roy immediately recognized Hazel, Jasmine and Rosemary. He then blurted out, "That's them!"
 
Johnny asked, "Who?"
 
Roy replied, "Those three onstage."
 
Mike asked, "Are you sure about that?"
 
Roy replied, "Yes, I'm sure."
 
Chet asked, "You sure those women are Hazel, Jasmine and Rosemary?"
 
Marco said, "If Roy says so, they are."
 
Hank said, "Let's just enjoy the show. Our turn will be coming up."
 
After Hazel, Jasmine and Rosemary finished performing, they danced offstage. The crowd applauded and cheered.

 

 
A few days later....
 
In the evening, Hazel, Jasmine and Rosemary, wearing caftans, were walking. They were on the same side as Casa de 51. The women were going about their business when they heard what sounded like supernatural sounds. Hazel, Jasmine and Rosemary looked at one another, wondering what the ruckus was.
 
A noise sounding like Chet's voice rung out, "A banshee might find you."
 
A noise sounding like Marco's voice rung out, "An espectro is on the lookout."
 
A noise sounding like Johnny's voice rung out in his native tongue. The noise apparently beckoned Hazel, Jasmine and Rosemary to the gazebo. There, the three women found a glowing propeller-shaped design. So they sat down facing away from one another, but holding hands. The women couldn't see anything in the dark. Suddenly, they heard footsteps come out into the gazebo.
 
Johnny and Roy got on either side of Hazel. Mike and Hank got on either side of Jasmine. Chet and Marco got on either side of Rosemary. The six men clasped hands with each other. Johnny and Roy placed one pair of clasped hands on Hazel's belly and the other pair of clasped hands on her head. Mike and Hank did the same thing, with Jasmine. Chet and Marco did the same thing, with Rosemary. The six men had the three women where they wanted them.
 
Hazel, Jasmine and Rosemary didn't know what was going on. They looked like they were being hypnotized. They closed their eyes, hoping it would be just their imagination. Johnny, Roy, Chet, Marco, Mike and Hank began to sing, "(You're the Flower of My Heart) Sweet Adeline." At times, the men gently pressed on the women's bellies and heads. The men sang with effort while the women took it all in stride.
 
After the song was done, Johnny, Roy, Chet, Marco, Mike and Hank removed their hands from the bellies and heads of Hazel, Jasmine and Rosemary. The men then retreated back into Casa de 51. The women opened their eyes, looked around, helped each other up, and walked out of the gazebo. They got as far as possible away from Casa de 51.
 
Inside the house, Johnny, Roy, Chet, Marco, Mike and Hank were sitting in the bedroom. The men were discussing everything.
 
Roy said, "I feel better knowing I've made everything up to you. So we all have a better understanding now."
 
Johnny said, "You know we all live and work together."
 
Chet said, "Sometimes we have our moments, but we always work things out."
 
Marco said, "Yeah. But the main thing is we stick together."
 
Mike said, "That's right."
 
Hank said, "Let's all get some sleep."
 
The men agreed to that.
 
Later, Johnny and Roy, Chet and Marco and Mike and Hank were all in each other's arms in bed. They fell into a restful night's sleep starting immediately.
 
 
DONE
 
Footnote: In Irish and Scottish mythology, a "banshee" is a "fairy woman"; "espectro" is Spanish for "ghost".