Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
256
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
742

Untitled

Summary:

Choose your dragon well...
Snippet response to graphic challenge.

Work Text:



Untitled
by redbeardedguy

 

The smell of sulphur and burning plants filled the King's nostrils.  He turned to the Royal Gardener.  "You hired this...dragon to get rid of the Castlekiller vines?"

Gardener Troy looked embarrassed.  "I was told it was a young dragon, small as a human and less likely to overdo it with the fire."

The King looked at the castle-sized creature and the servants running away from the ruins of the village outside the walls.  They were supposed to be cleaning up whatever the dragon left for them after scouring the castle walls with its flame.  That plan was going up in smoke and fire.

"DRAGON!" the King roared, feeling a slight backlash from the Command Magic that always hummed in the back of his mind.  It had been designed, back in the days before the Kingdom was secured under his great-great-great-great-grandfather, to remind the user not to depend on it too much.  He used only enough to get the beast's attention.

The dragon turned its head and stared at him, its huge, ice-blue eyes sending something very like the C.M. into his mind.  The King almost forgot what he planned to say.  "Ah, Dragon," he stammered, "I'm sorry.  I can't employ you for this if my servants lose their homes every time you flame the walls."

The dragon burst into tears, weeping glowing fluid that burst into fire in the air and was gone before it hit the ground.  It flew away, sounding like the biggest baby the King had ever had the...joy...to deal with....

 

end snippet