Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,968
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,543

Five Months Of Hell

Summary:

WHAT TIM WENT THROUGH ON THOSE MONTHS THAT TONY  WAS ON THE AGENT AFLOAT TOUR.   THIS IS WITH KATIE SEQUEL TO "INTHE  ZONE"

Work Text:

FIVE MONTHS OF HELL
by JEWELBABY
RGREENEYES@AOL.COM

 

 

JUNE 2008

Tim was sitting on the bed with Katie Victoria McGee-Dinozzo feeding her the bottle she ate before bedtime.   “I wish your daddy was here to  see you.  I know he misses you.”  Tim said softly.   2  months ago the new Director of NCIS had split the team up.  McGee went to  Cyber crimes.   Ziva went back to Tel Aviv and Tony.   Tony  was sent as Agent Afloat the USS Ronald Reagan.   What sucked was Tim  and Ziva were back but Tony wasn’t.    Tim remembers the look on  Tony’s face when he came home that night and kissed Katie good bye.    Tim about broke when he remembered their last night together. Tim  sat Katie up and burped her and laid her on the bed between him and the  pillows.   Just as she dozed off his phone rang.    “McGee.”  He said.

“Timmy are ya asleep yet?”  Abby asked excited.

“No not yet.  Just fed Katie.   Whatsup Abs?”    Tim asked.

“I wanna come over and have movie night.  I normally do it with Tony  but well he’s not here.  So who better than to have movie night than Tony’s better half.  Which is you?”   Abby said.

 “I ain’t very good company Abby.   Kinda a hard night  tonight.   Can we do it tomorrow night?”   Tim asked.

 “Sure.  Timmy I know you miss him   we all do.   But don’t mope to much. Tony don’t want that.”   Abby said.

 “I know.  Look I am gonna go and try to  sleep.”    Tim said.

 “Ok.   Love ya.  Kiss Katie for me.”   Abby  said hanging up.   Tim shut his phone off and laid back down and  rubbed Katie’s back.

He was startled when the phone rang again.   “Abby calling again  won’t make me change my mind.”  He mumbled answering the phone.   “McGee.”  He said.

 “So Professional.  For such a personal call.”  A Italian  voice said.

 “T Tony?”  Tim asked.

 “Yeah one and the same.   How you doing?”   Tony  asked.

 “I’m fine.   Miss you.  But we’re fine.”    Tim said.

“Miss you too.  How’s our girl?”  Tony asked.

 “She’s fine.  She’s fed and happy now.   Almost  asleep.”   Tim said.

 “Timmy I don’t know how much more of this I can take.    Later this week I am gonna be transferred to the SeaHawk.”   Tony  said.

“What?  Why?”  Tim asked.

 “Something about them needing another Agent Afloat on  it.    I leave Friday in the AM.”    Tony  said.

“Well least you ain’t sea sick.”  Tim said laughing lightly.

 “Yeah.  Good thing they didn’t send you.”   Tony said  laughing quietly.

 “Tony.  You’re gonna do fine.   And before you know it  September will be here and you’ll be back here.  And when you get back  we’ll have a big celebration.”   Tim said.

 “I don’t want a big celebration.  I wanna come home now.   I wanna hold our daughter.  And I wanna make love to you.  I hate  this.”  Tony said his voice shaking.

 “I know and I want all those things too.”   Tim said.

 “Do me a favor?   Kiss Katie for me.  Tell her daddy  loves her?”  Tony asked.

 “I do it every night and tell her that you lover and miss her.”   Tim said.

 “Ok.  I need to go.  Battery is running low.  I love  you.”  Tony said quietly.

 “Love you too.  Chin up Tony.”  Tim said hanging up and  flopping back on the bed.

 

JULY 2008

Here they were another month had gone since Tony was on the agent afloat tour.   Tim was in the bull pen doing paper work on a cold case when  Gibbs came in and sat on his desk.   “Something wrong Boss?”  Tim  asked.

 “How’s Katie?”  Gibbs asked.

“Fine.  You should come by and see her.”  Tim said.

“I just might.  Heard from Dinozzo this week?”   Gibbs  asked.

 “He called Saturday.   I’m worried Gibbs.  He sounds  so depressed.” Tim said.

 Ziva came in bout that time.  “Who sounds depressed?”  She  asked.

“Tony.”   Gibbs said.

 “Oh is there no girls on the Seahawk for him to flirt with?”   Ziva asked smirking.   Tim wanted to go over and beat the smirk off  her face.   But to her defense she didn’t know about Tony and Tim or  the fact they had a 8 month old daughter.

“Officer David do you not have cold cases to attend to?”  Gibbs asked sternly.

 “Yes sir.”  Ziva said.    Tim went back to his  paper work.

It was later that day that Gibbs beckoned Tim to follow him to  MTAC. Once in MTAC Tim started getting suspicious.    “What’s going on Boss?”    Tim asked.

 “You’ll see.”  Gibbs said motioning for the tech to get the  Seahawk on the screen.

 “Agent Gibbs.  What can I do for you?”  A man said over the  big screen.

 “You can get me Agent Dinozzo please Captain.  People here who  want to see him.”    Gibbs said.   Abby who was beside  Ducky was excited.

 “Here he is.”  Captain said moving aside.

“Boss?  What’s going on?”   Tony asked.

 “Thought a few friendly faces would do you some good.”    Gibbs said.

“Hey Tony.”  Abby said excited.

“He Abs.   How’s it going?”   Tony asked.

Abby went in on her bowling nuns.  And who won what set.    Ducky spoke about the current story he wanted to tell.  Gibbs nudge Tim who  cam back into reality when Gibbs spoke.  “You have a good 10 minutes  before we lose the feed.  Techs are leaving make the most of it.”  He  said ushering everyone out of MTAC.

 “Gibbs sure knows how to clear a room.”  Tony said.

 “That he does.   You doing ok?”   Tim asked.

 “Nothing a hot shower.   And your hands won’t  cure.   How bout you?” Tony asked.

“Im fine Tony.   Katie is at home with Monica.”   Tim  said.

 “How is Vance treating everyone?”  Tony asked.

 “He’s fair.  Him and Gibbs have gone head to head a few  times.  But that’s normal.”  Tim said.

“Yeah.”   Tony said as someone bent and spoke in his  ear.

“Ok.   Tim?  Sorry but apparently I am needed for  something.”    Tony said.

 “That is fine.  You go do your job.  Call me when you have  time and reception ok?”   Tim said.

“Will do.   See ya later. “ Tony said severing the  connection.   Tim got up and told the tech outside the door they could  return and thanked them.  Maybe he could get through one more  month.

 

 

AUGUST 2008

Tim was cooking dinner for him when his cell phone rang.    Grabbing it off the counter he opened it.  “McGee.”  He  said.

 “Always so professional.”  That Italian voice said.

 “Tony.”  Tim said softly.

 “It’s me.   Just calling to see how it’s all  going.”   Tony said.

 “Fine.   Abby is still counting the days you’ve been  away.    Ducky is regaling us with his stories.   Gibbs  is a bear.  Ziva is.  Well Ziva.   And Katie little Katie is  crawling all over the place now.”  Tim said smirking as hand were on his  feet.

 “She is?   That’s cool.  Wish I was there to see  it.”   Tony said.

“Me too.  Wanna hear something pretty cool tho?”  Tim  asked.

 “Definitely.”  Tony said.

 Tim scooped Katie up and put the phone to her ear so the mouth piece  was at her mouth.   He poked her stomach and  giggled.   He kept making her giggle til she couldn’t  breath.   He put the phone back to his ear and heard the sweetest  thing other than Katie’s giggle.  Tony laughing.   “Now that is a  cool sound.”  Tony said coughing harshly.

 “Tony how long you had that cough?”  Tim asked turning the fire  off under the pot.

 “A couple days.”   Tony said.

 “Take care of yourself ok?”   Tim said.

 “I am.  Listen Im gonna go and do some more paper work.”   Tony said sighing.

 “One more month Tony.  Then we’ll be together.   If  nothing else you’ll be home for a few days.”   Tim said.

 “Don’t tell me that Timmy.  I don’t wanna think of coming back  aboard this boat.”   Tony said.

“Alright think of this.  You in bed with Katie and Me watching movies  on the tv.”   Tim said handing Katie her bottle.

 “Sounds good.  Love ya both.”  Tony said hanging up.

 “Katie when daddy gets home you and me both will have a lot of work  to put him back together.”  Tim said kissing her head.

 

 

SEPTEMBER 2008

It was the middle of September and Tim was sitting in Abby’s lab working on an old cold case file.   With Gibbs permission he had brought Katie to work with him today to give Monica the day off to be with her  family.   Abby was at her computer typing away.  Neither of them  heard the ding of the elevator or saw the 2 figures come into the  room.   One being Tony.   Tim was startled when Abby  gasped.   “Timmy turn around.”   Abby said almost not containing herself.

“I can’t right this second Abby.”   Tim said typing some  more.

 “Timmy that can wait.  Tony can’t.”   Abby said.

 “Abby don’t do that.   Tony is on the SeaHawk.    Won’t be home til October the earliest.”  Tim said sighing.

 “Is that so Probie and how do you know that.”  Came an  unmistakable Italian voice.   Tim spun around and was met with a  smirking Tony Dinozzo and Gibbs.

 “Abs I think we need to go get you a caf pow.”  Gibbs  said.   Abby hugged Tony quickly then followed Gibbs out of the  lab.

“T this can’t be real.”  Tim said stuttering.

Tony kissed him passionately on the lips.   “That feel fake to  you?” Tony asked.

 “No.  But how   when?”  Tim asked running out of  questions.

 “Boss got Vance to have them release me.   The when is I  got off the seahawk yesterday morning but I had to be debriefed.  So I got  a hotel room cause it was midnight when I got done.”   Tony  said.

 “How long?”  Tim asked.

“I start back on Gibbs team a week from tomorrow.”    Tony  said.

 Tim hugged Tony hard and help on tight.   “Mmm I really  needed that.” Tony said laying his head on Tim’s shoulder.

 When they pulled back they each felt hands on their  shoes.   Tony looked down to see his and Tim’s 9 month old daughter  Katie smiling.   Tony scooped her up and hugged her to him.  “Hey  babygirl.  Dada missed you.”  Tony said kissing her  head.

Tony turned his head and coughed into his arm.   Tim didn’t like  that cough at all.  “Hey Tone.  Let’s go down and see Ducky  ok?”   Tim asked.

 “Yeah.”  Tony said following Tim.

 

 

3 HOURS LATER

After everyone had saw Tony and told him they were glad he was back.   Tim was able to bring him home with instructions from Ducky to make sure he took  the prescribed cough medicine.  And not to get too cold.   And instructions from Gibbs not to show up til the day Tony came back to work unless  he called him in on a case.   So now Tony was sitting on the couch  with a sleeping Katie in his arms rubbing Jethro with his feet and carefully  playing with Toni.  Tim sat down on his other side and rubbed Katie’s  head.   “She sure has grown.”  Tony said in awe.

 “She has.  But she still the same little girl you left in  April.”  Tim said kissing her head.

 “No she’s not.  She’s crawling.  And I bet she’s cutting  teeth.”   Tony said.    Tim just watched him and kissed  his shoulder.

Later in the middle of the night Tim woke up to find the bed empty sans Jethro drooling at the end of the bed.   Tim got up and walked out of  the room into the nursery to find Tony laying on the trundle bed on his side watching Katie sleep.   Tim slipped in behind him and kissed  him.  “How long you been awake?”  Tim asked.

“Couple hours.”  Tony said.

 “You really need to get some sleep.”  Tim said rubbing Tony’s  arm.

“Can’t sleep.”  Tony said.

 “What’s wrong?”  Tim asked.

 “What did I do wrong to get sent to Agent Afloat?”  Tony  asked.

 “Tony.”  Tim said softly.

 “Was it cause I didn’t protect Jenny in California.     Is Vance punishing me for that?”  Tony said. “What If he  did?   You served it and now you’re home where you belong.” Tim  said laying on his back.

 “You know what I really missed while on the boat?”  Tony asked  rolling over and laying his head on Tim’s chest.

 “Tormenting Ziva.”   Tim asked smirking.

 “No.  Laying like this with you.   Watching her  sleep.   Just being normal.”    Tony said.

“We came through 5 months of hell.  For a lifetime of  Heaven.”   Tim said kissing Tony’s head.

 

END