Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Angel Tears
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
211
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,292

Plans

Summary:

Castiel contemplates...
Disclaimer: So not mine, never have been, never will be. They belong to Kripke/McG/et al, and a bunch of other corporate-type ppl, in other words, not me.

Work Text:

~~~~~~~~~

Castiel slid into the bed behind the fitfully sleeping mortal he had ripped from Hell. Resting his hand on Dean's shoulder; fingers overlaying and seeming to intertwine with the brand on the hunter's arm.

A soft, barely perceptible whimper escaped Dean's lips as his nightmare ridden sleep turned to a dreamless, restful one.

Behind him, Castiel smiled. Even with the growing doubt he felt, he couldn't help but wonder if this was what his Father had planned when He charged him with saving and protecting the fragile human- for Castiel to discover love. The pure, unvarnished love for one being, not the all encompassing, unconditional love that the Celestial held for all creatures, but a love for Dean and only Dean. It was a love he would give his existence for.
The angel knew his Father's ways were not always clear, but he'd always believed they had a purpose. But showing him love that could never be shared or fulfilled seemed to serve no purpose, save to cause sorrow and loss- yet more emotions Castiel was certain he should not know.
Castiel lay his head between Dean's broad shoulders as he fought back tears no angel should shed.
If this was God's plan, it was a cruel one.

Series this work belongs to: