Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
486
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
932

What's Left Behind

Summary:

cold ice and death.

Work Text:

WHAT'S LEFT BEHIND
by Heather

 

"Tonight's tale is one of sorrow, heartache, death, and undying love. We honor their memory by using the knowledge and gifts they left behind and we remember them through this. This sad tale starts with two best friends, trapped in a cave.....

The high glass dome that they were trapped under radiated diffused light that cast no shadows, but Jack looked even darker with deep sunken eyes that created their own shadows. "Jack, look at me. Jack don't go, stay with me here." Daniel stared at his friend. He didn't look good the frost clinging to his eyebrows didn't help Jack blinked, ice flakes fell to his cheeks from his eyelashes and looked up at Daniel into his vivid blue eyes and his blue, cracked lips opened and whispered "I'm here, I'm awake." Blue eyes met brown, neither one ready to acknowledge the truth out loud, but both knowing in their hearts that Jack was dying and that Daniel wasn't far behind. The cold ate into their skin, slowly numbing their nerves , but not their hearts.

They were trapped, with no food, water or warmth except what they could find by curling together and Jack was injured. There was no way to get out of there with Jack's broken leg. They both knew that they were going to die in that cavern of ice. And this knowledge gave Daniel the courage to say what he had never said before-"I-" he looked at Jack and saw his eyes closed and head lolled to one side and weakly ran his hand down Jack's face to trailing his nerveless fingers down Jack's neck and along his torso. "Jack, wake up, don't leave me Jack." Jack's eyes opened, barely slitted, but Daniel could still read the tranquility in them. He felt it was over him a soothing balm for his soul that was distinctly -Jack'. "Jack, don't..."

"I'll always be with you Daniel," he whispered "because I love you." Then Jack closed his eyes and slipped away to sleep forever.

"No! Oh God no!" Daniel couldn't believe that Jack was gone that he had slipped away, for now Jack would never hear that Daniel loved him too. Daniel cradled Jack's cold body to his and whispered "I love you, Jack."

And silent tears fell and Daniel too fell into an eternal sleep. The tears froze and turned a deep vivid blue. When the bodies were found three days later in that ice cave, the two lovers were found locked in an eternal embrace and those blue tears were not gone, but in fact stone and they are called sapphires. To this day it is said that if two people know true love and that they hold a sapphire it will glow, showing their undying love.

 

END