Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,425
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,496

Precious Gifts

Summary:

Summary: Just some scenes that were missing from 3:10   "Just a Sliver"

Work Text:

Precious Gifts
by Jewelbaby
Rgreeneyes@aol.com

 

HOSPITAL.

Kevin was laying in the hospital bed dozing.  Today was the day that  he would give Lizzie his biological daughter.  Being raised by Tommy and  Julia part of his liver.   Scotty was sitting in the chair that was in  all custom hospital room.   “You ok?”  Scotty asked  softly.

“Yeah.”  Kevin said.

 “Come on Kevin I know you.”  Scotty said.

“Ok I’m nervous.”  Kevin said adjusting in the bed.

A nurse came in and smiled at them.  “I’m here to prep you for the surgery.”   She said.

 “Ok.”  Kevin said.

 “I’m just gonna insert an IV into your hand and start a drip that  should make you relaxed.”   The nurse said.    The  nurse was setting up the equipment she would need.

 “I’m proud of you.”  Scotty said.

 “Why.”   Kevin asked.

 “Cause.  You’re doing something not many people would  do.”   Scotty said taking Kevin’s attention away from the needle going  into his hand.

 “It’s my family.   I’d do anything for them.”  Kevin  said quietly.

 “I know.  It’s why I love you so much.  I doubt my mother  would spit on me much less give me a piece of her liver.”   Scotty  said..

“Your dad I know would.  And your mom as well.  It’s me she don’t  like much.”   Kevin said.

“Alright all done.”  The nurse said laying Kevin’s hand back on the  bed.

 “Wow I didn’t feel anything.”   Kevin said.

 “I’m gifted what can I tell ya.   When you they get you  into the hall they’ll give you the sedation into this iv port.”   The  nurse said.

‘Thank you.”  Scotty said as she left.

 “I don’t think I can do this Scotty.”    Kevin said on  the verge of panicking.

 Scotty sat on the bed and ran his fingers through Kevin’s hair.   “Yes you can.  I know you can.  You’re the strongest guy I  know.”   Scotty said.

 “You’re sure about this.   I mean I can be unbearable when  I’m hurting or sick.  Ask mom.”  Kevin said.

“I’m fine with it.   I can handle it.”   Scotty said  kissing Kevin’s forehead.

 A couple of orderlies came in with another gurney .    “We’re here to transfer Mister Walker to surgery.”  The one orderly  said.

“Yeah.”    Scotty said getting up and letting them move  Kevin onto the transfer gurney.

“Scotty?”  Kevin called agitated.

 “I’m right here Kev.”  Scotty said laying his hand on Kevin’s  foot and rubbing.

 The nurse came in “Alright Mr Walker we’re gonna wheel you out into  the hall where your family is.  Then from there we’ll take you to the Pre  op room where we’ll sedate you.”   The nurse said.

 “Can I have a minute with him before you wheel him out?”    Scotty asked.

 “Sure.  We’ll go make sure everything is set up in the  OR.”     The nurse said indicating for the orderlies to  follow.

 “I know your family wants to see you before you go in.  But I  want a minute to say my own goodbye.”   Scotty said.

 Kevin smirked and put his hand on Scotty’s face.  “I know.   They can be little overwhelming.”   Kevin said.   “Not all  the time.”  Scotty said. Kevin just looked at him.

“Ok all the time.  But they have their good qualities.    Like accepting me. ”  Scotty said.

 “That was easy.  I love you.   They wanna see me  happy.  I think after Jason Kitty and Sarah were gonna send me to a dating  school.”  Kevin said.

 ‘Good thing I was homeless then.”  Scotty said leaning down  kissing Kevin on the forehead.

“You’ll be here when I get out?”   Kevin asked.

 “Be the first one in to see you.”    Scotty said going  and letting the nurse know they were ready.

“Ready to put on the brave face for the rest of the Clan?”    Scotty asked.

“Yeah.”  Kevin said as the orderlies came in with the nurse and  wheeled him out.

 

 

5 HOURS LATER

The Walker Clan was all in the waiting room waiting on news about Kevin or Elizabeth.   “Walker family?”  A doctor asked.

 “That be all of us.”  Nora asked.

 “I’m Dr Peterson .  I was working on Kevin.”   He  said.

 “How is he?”  Sara asked.

 “He came through the surgery fine.  He’s in recovery right  now.   I have on the form a Scotty Wandell is the only one who Kevin  wants to see him in Recovery.”   The doctor said.

 “That be me.”   Scotty said.

 “What about me.  I’m his mother.”   Nora  said.

“Sorry Kevin said specifically before we sedated him that only Scotty come into recovery.”   The doctor said.

 “Honestly I’ve seen him sick.”   Nora said.

 “Mom    Kevin wants Scotty back there.  You have  to respect that.”  Sara said as Scotty followed the doctor out of the  room.

 “I take it they’re a close knit family.”   The doctor said  walking down a series of halls.

 “Like you wouldn’t believe.”   Scotty said causing a  chuckle.

 “Just want to warn you we have a few new monitors on  him.”    The doctor said.

 “Just as long as he’s ok.”  Scotty said.

 “He’ll be fine.  He’ll be sore for a while.  But we’ll give  him some pain medication to take home.”    The doctor said  stopping at a cubicle where Kevin was laying still sleeping.

“This is Nurse Burk she will be taking care of Mr Walker while he’s here in  Recovery.”  The doctor said walking into the cubicle and checking Kevin’s  vitals.

 “Go on in.  He’s in and out but he’s real groggy.”  The  nurse said.

 “Thanks.”  Scotty said slipping inside the cubicle and sitting  down on the chair next to the bed.   Scotty ran his hand through  Kevin’s hair and smiled.

 “Scotty?”  Kevin asked quietly eyes still closed.

 “Hey sleepyhead.  How ya feeling?”   Scotty asked  quietly.

 “Sore and sleepy.”   Kevin said fighting to stay  awake.

 “Go back to sleep I’ll be here when you wake back  up.”    Scotty said kissing Kevin’s forehead.   When he  knew Kevin was asleep Scotty went back to the waiting room.

 Nora pounced on him.  “How is he?”  She asked.

 “He’s fine.  He’s sore.  But he’s resting.   The  nurse said they would likely be moving him back to a private room in an  hour.”  Scotty said.

 

 

HOUR LATER

Scotty walked into the room that the nurse told him Kevin was in.   “Hey.”  Scotty said coming over to the bed and gently sitting down.

 “Hey.”  Kevin said.

 “I see you’re a little more alert.”   Scotty said.

 “Yeah.  Unfortunately.”  Kevin said pain laced in his  voice.

 “Want me to get the nurse in here see if she’ll give you  something?” Scotty asked.

 “I already asked.   No dice.  I have to wait another  hour.”   Kevin said adjusting and winced doing so.

 “Well I hate to tell you this but you got maybe 5 minutes before Nora comes in.”  Scotty said.

“Wonderful.”  Kevin said closing his eyes.

 “Sorry I tried to talk her into waiting til this evening but.”   Scotty said.

 “But she pulled the mother card.   Don’t worry about  it.  Tommy and Julia hear anything on Elizabeth?”  Kevin said.

 “Yes.   She’s in recovery herself.  But it’ll be at  least a few days before they know if the section of liver took.”  Scotty  said.

 “K.”   Kevin said.

“Why don’t you close your eyes and get some sleep.”   Scotty  said.

 “I would if I didn’t feel like a semi has ran over my stomach.”   Kevin said.

 Scotty leaned over kissed Kevin.  “I’m sorry.”     Scotty said.

“Nothing for you to be sorry for.   Mind if I try to go back to  sleep. Seems my body is demanding I do.”   Kevin  said.

Scotty smiled faintly   “No get some rest.  I’m gonna go get  some coffee and then I’ll be back here.”   Scotty said.

 

 

5 HOURS LATER [AFTER THE ENDING OF 3,10]

Scotty wheeled Kevin back to the room and was helping him get on the  bed.  “I think you over did it a little this  afternoon.”    Scotty said.

 “Ya think?”  Kevin said sarcastically.

“Yeah I do.   But nothing laying down and letting the nurse give  pain medication won’t cure.”  Scotty said helping Kevin get his feet on the  bed.

 “Ohhh it would be so much better if I could go home and be in our  bed.”  Kevin said laying his head back.

 “I know.  But you do know we’re staying with your mom  right?”   Scotty said.

“Yeah.  I know you have to work and I can’t get up and down on my own  for 2 weeks.  But after those 2 weeks I wanna go home.”   Kevin  said.

“Deal.  How bout getting some sleep.”    Scotty  said.

“K.  Scotty?   Thanks for being here.”   Kevin  said.

 “Hey I wouldn’t be anywhere else.  You’re doing something so  wonderful and I’m proud of you.”  Scotty said placing his hand on  Kevin’s.

Kevin yawned causing both men to smirk.  “I think I’ll go to sleep  now. You going home?”  Kevin asked getting as comfortable as he  could.

 “No.  The nurse brought a cot for me to use tonight. Thought I  would get some sleep myself.”   Scotty said.

 “K.  Love you.”   Kevin said.

“Love you too.”  Scotty said kissing Kevin and watched him drift off  to sleep.    Scotty smiled Kevin gave Elizabeth the most Precious  Gift a person could give.   A chance to live.

 

END