Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
269
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
793

Untitled

Summary:

summary: when there's nothing left

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

untitled
by Lady Bard

The wind whipped the tattered cloak out behind the shadowed figure.  The figure leaned against a railing.  The railing gave slightly and the figure went with it.  A beam of golden light slowly fell on the person.

Any one watching would be able to see the tracks of tears that made their way down the gaunt face.  He had once been a vibrant being.  He had been able to take all the world through at him but he could do that no longer.

All the things that made his life worth while were gone.  Xena and Gabrielle had been lost and to this day he didn't quite understand what had happened.  Ares had disappeared.  The rest of the gods were silent.  Even Aphrodite, the one goddess he had counted on to help him through his massive grief had abandoned him.  All he had was Meg and Vergil but it was no longer enough.  It would never be enough again.  He hoped that Meg could forgive him.  He cared but did not love.  He would never love again.

The wind snapping around him grew even stronger and with one final push the railing Joxer the Mighty was leaning against gave way.  It was time! he released his hold and flung his arms out to the side.  As he fell, the grace he had always lacked in life came to him.  He soared through the air.

A feeling of weightlessness  and then he was falling.  He closed his eyes in relief and finally slammed on to the street below.  He knew no more.

 

End
2002: Lady Bard

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Lady Bard.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.