Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2009-10-23
Words:
6,665
Chapters:
5/5
Kudos:
25
Hits:
3,094

Broken Angel

Summary:

Title: Broken Angel Fandom: Gilmore Girls Pairings: Lit, JavaJunkie implied. Email: Daisydacia84@gmail. Archive: WWOMB all others, please ask. Lorelai is attacked and Jess finds her. Lit, JavaJunkie implied. If your a Chris fan, don't read.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

It was just like any other night in Stars Hollow. Jess Mariano was walking down the street leading to his girlfriend Rory Gilmore’s house. He stopped short when he saw someone curled up on the lawn, looking scared. Jess crept closer, his eyes widened when he realized that it was Lorelai. “Lorelai? You okay?” Jess asked tentatively.

“No,” Lorelai whispered. Jess slowly walked over and knelt down beside her. Reaching out a hand he placed it on her arm. Lorelai shrank back.

“No touch,” Lorelai whimpered.

“Lorelai, look at me, please,” Jess pleaded. She reluctantly turned her head enough to give him a chance to look into her eyes. What he saw in those Blue eyes was a look that was all-to-familiar to him, because at one time it was the look he had had in his own eyes. He prayed with all his heart he was wrong.

“Can you tell me what happened?”

“I was raped by Chris. He was drunk, and angry,” Lorelai admitted softly. Tears slid slowly down her face. For the first time Jess saw the myriad of bruises covering her face and arms.

“Why are you out here?”

“Because I couldn’t stay in their.”

“Where’s Rory?”

“At Lane’s,” Lorelai answered.

“You need to get checked out. I’m going to take you to Luke’s then we’ll figure out what to do from there, okay?” Jess asked softly. Lorelai just nodded.

“Don’t tell Rory just yet, please.”

“I won’t not unless you want me too.”

“Thank you,” Lorelai whispered. Jess just nodded.

“Here’s how we’re gonna do this. I don’t want you walking, so I’m gonna carry you, but we do it on your terms okay? You touch me first, and I only touch you where you say I can okay? You have complete control,” Jess reassured.

“Okay,” Lorelai reluctantly agreed. She reached out her hand and slowly reached for Jess’s hand. Jess held still and waited for her to take hold of his hand. Once that was done she tugged on it, indicating she wanted help up.

“I’m going to have to put my arms under your knees to lift you,” Jess cautioned.

“Okay, you can do that,” Lorelai said meekly. Jess carefully lifted her into his arms.

“I’m going to move one of my arms around to your back. I’m placing my hand on your shoulder so you can see it at all times, is that okay?” Lorelai just nodded. “You ready to go?” Jess asked soothingly.

“Yes I am,” she replied. Jess nodded in reply and slowly began to walk towards Luke’s.

GGGGGGGG

Luke was cleaning the counter when the bell above the door dinged, indicating a customer.

“We’re clo…” his sentence was cut short at the sight that greeted him. Jess carrying a fragile looking Lorelai Gilmore in his arms.

“Lorelai! What the hell happened?” Luke cried as he rushed around the counter. Lorelai didn’t respond she just turned her face away. Before Jess could give a warning Luke reached out a hand and placed it on Lorelai’s back. The affect was instantanious. Lorelai jerked back and clung tighter to Jess.

“No touch, don’t touch me, please,” she begged, beginning to cry.

“Lorelai tell me what happened, please?” Luke implored attempting to reach his hand out again, not understanding why she wouldn’t let him touch her.

“Luke back off, now,” Jess warned.

“What the hell do you mean I need to back off?” Luke asked angrily.

“Just what I said,” Jess explained before turning to Lorelai, and asking his next question.

“I’m gonna move my hand down your back and help you sit down at a table if that’s okay with you? Remember you can say no at anytime, okay?” Jess reminded her gently.

“That’s fine,” Lorelai replied. Jess smiled and helped Lorelai get settled.

“Stay by the counter until I get her settled,” Jess instructed Luke. The look in Jess’s eyes told Luke that this wasn’t a time to argue with his nephew. He obviously knew something very important that Luke didn’t.
GGGGGGGG

“Is it okay if Luke comes over to the table?” Jess asked.

“Yes, but he has to stay in my sight and no touching,” Lorelai requested.

“Okay, Luke, come over hear and stand where she can see you, but keep your hands to yourself” Jess instructed. Luke walked slowly over to the table, making sure to stay in Lorelai’s line of sight, still baffled as to what was going on.

“Now what?” Luke wanted to know.

“Place your hand on the table and wait, but be patient,” Jess warned. Luke did as he was told; a sinking feeling was growing in the pit of his stomach. “Keep your hand still, let Lorelai make the first move,” Jess told Luke. Lorelai looked at Luke and ever-so-slowly reached her hand out for his. Once her fingers touched his, she gripped his hand tightly. Luke reached his other hand up to touch her arm, but was stopped once again by Jess.

“Warn her about where your going to touch her and make sure it’s okay.”

“I’m going to touch you on your arm, is that okay?” Luke asked softly but with a confused look on his face.

“Yes,” Lorelai said. Luke placed his other hand gently on her arm.

“Will someone tell me what happened?” Luke asked. Jess looked over at Lorelai.

“Do you want to tell him, or should I?”

“I will, I was raped by Chris. He was drunk and angry,” Lorelai explained quietly. Luke saw red and it took all of his self-control not to snap right then and there.

“Where did it happen? Where’s Rory? Have you been checked out? Jess how did you find her?” the questions all came out in a rush.

“One at a time, at the house, at Lanes, no, and I was walking down the street and saw her curled up on the lawn,” Jess explained.

“We need to get you to the hospital and Rory needs to be called,” Luke said.

“I know, but I wanted to wait and call Rory once I was somewhere I felt safe,” Lorelai explained fearfully.

“Your safe now,” Luke soothed. “We’re going to take my truck, who do you want to sit next to you, and who do you want to drive?

“Is it okay if I have Jess sit next to me and you drive? I trust you, but I just feel slightly more comfortable around Jess right now and I don’t know why?” Lorelai tried to explain as fresh tears of shame and humiliation made their way down her face.

“Hey, it’s fine, you call the shots, remember?” Jess reminded her.

“He’s right, Luke agreed.

“We’re each gonna take an arm and help you out to Luke’s truck, okay?” Jess informed her. Lorelai just nodded too exhausted to speak. As easily and carefully as they could manage the two of them got Lorelai settled in the truck with Jess next to her and Luke driving. Once they were settled they headed for St. Francis Hospital in Hartford.

TBC?