Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2009-08-04
Words:
2,130
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
19
Bookmarks:
3
Hits:
1,680

Normal is not Normal

Summary:

My Fix it to COE Day 4 for Torchwood. Ianto Jones ends up on the floor in front of the Stargate. Life just got a whole lot more complicated for SG-1

Chapter 1: In the Beginning

Notes:

A/N: This is set after CoE and there’s hints of the Doctor in here from time to time. This is a short teaser chapter. If people seem to enjoy it enough I’ll continue working on it. And yup it’s a fix-it fic, a strange one but it is one.
Disclaimer: I don't own Torchwood or SG-1. I've just kidnapped the Ianto and Jack at Gunpoint because RTD wasn't treating them right

Chapter Text

    Daniel Jackson sighed. Working with the SG-1, he was used to strange things happening, but this one really took the cake. He and the others had been about to depart via Stargate to P73453 when there had been a flash of light and a man had materialized right before their eyes on the ramp to the gate. Daniel swore he also saw a flash of blue but no one else had mentioned anything about it. In fact, everyone else had immediately rushed to the man's aid and was now under the care of Janet.
    He had to stifle a quick snicker; he didn't envy the other when he awake, because Janet seemed to be in mother hen mode. She'd quickly gotten him into a gown in the med bay his snappy suit he'd been wearing had been sent off to be cleaned, and that's when they had found the letter. The letter added even MORE mystery around the young man for it was simply signed ‘The Doctor' and claimed that he'd been traveling, came across the young man and thought they could use him. It then went on to say that they would run into who he was looking for in the near future. And that was it not even a mention of the other's name or how in the hell he'd been dropped off in a secret Air Force Base in Colorado.
    The arrival had everyone in an uproar, but Daniel was happy just watching, he wondered about this man and that's why he was sitting next to his bed in the med bay waiting for him to awaken.
    A groan from the bed cut off his thoughts and he watched Janet, Jack, and Teal'c jerk their attention towards the bed. He watched as the newly awakened man sat up and rubbed his eyes before glancing around. He watched as the young man's eyes widened and heard a slight hitch in his breath.
    "I'm Dr. Frasier, can you tell me your name please?" Janet pushed her way and grabbed his wrist, probably figuring a bit of touch would ground him at the same time checking his pulse.
    "Jones, Ianto Jones. What's the date and location?" Daniel grinned, Welsh! He could tell by the accent.
    "September 19, 2001 and you are in Colorado. Where are you from Mr. Jones." Jack interjected before anyone else could. But the ma- Ianto just laughed and shook his head. Although Daniel noticed a slightly hysterical tone to the laugh.    
    "Bloody well great then! Jack dies and gets to come back to life right then and there. But nooooo, ‘I' die and somehow end up across the pond and 8 years back in time. Just great, how do I get myself into these messes! I'm from Cardiff and I died....or I was supposed to die in 2009."
    Daniel couldn't help it, he began to snicker. The looks on everyone's faces were priceless, you'd think by now this kind of thing would stop shocking everyone else. He leaned forward.
    "I'm Daniel Jackson, what do you mean you were dead?"
    "Oh you know, aliens invaded, Jack and I were trying to stand up against them and I was poisoned. So I died, in Jack's arms. Next thing I know here I am. Any idea how I got here?"
    Daniel watched as Jack explained the letter and the ‘method' of Ianto's arrival and noticed although he was being sarcastic when he heard Jack's name his face briefly crumpled and he shivered. He got the feeling this one was hiding behind a wall and refused to let anyone see. Watching Jack leave to get General Hammond and as Janet went to check on another patient Daniel laid a hand on Ianto's shoulder.    
    "Are you alright?"
    Ianto snorted, "No I'm not alright. I should be dead but the Doctor was fucking around again. Now Jack is fighting the 456 alone and I have no idea what's even going on with my friends!"
    Daniel flinched, he could sympathize and he decided to voice his thoughts.
    "I'm sure Jack misses you too."
    Ianto sighed, "I wish he did, but I'm nothing to him." He closed his eyes sinking back down into the pillows before opening one eye quickly, "Do you guys at least have aliens?"
    Daniel let the obvious subject change go and grinned, oh yes, SG-1 had just got a whole lot more interesting. There was a lot more to Ianto Jones then the other wanted to share, but Daniel had a way of getting even the strongest people to talk