Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
895
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,015

Surprises abound

Summary:

Summary: Remy bears his soul to Logan

Work Text:

 
Surprises abound
by Dillon
Heckthecat@yahoo.com.au

 

 

We'd been sitting on the porch drinking for awhile now, maybe an hour, hour and a half.

I was seriously starting to think about going in.

I shifted a little in my seat, and he grunted at me. I jumped. Couldn't help it, my nerves were stretched like piano wire.

 He made a noise somewhere between a cough and a laugh.

"What's on yer mind, Cajun?"

Gruff, amused, but not taunting. He lowered his paper to level his eyes with me. He really wanted to know.

Shock, maybe this won't be so hard, heh.

I looked up at him, trying hard not to look nervous, and from the look in his eyes, failing miserably.

"Wha' makes y' think der's an'ting on m' mind?"

He jus rolled his eyes and sighed in that exasperated way he does when Jubes tries to butter him up.

"I'm not stupid Gumbo. You been sittin in the cold almost 2 hours nursin the same beer, wound tighter than Cykes underwear, and tryin not to show it. Spill, now, before I dig it out myself."

He slipped out a claw for effect.

Gotta hand it to him, he's got an eye for detail.

Sigh, may as well get it over with. "Ok, mon ami. You asked for it."

Sigh again, drink, drag on the cigarette, frame it out in my mind....

"Quit stallin, Gumbo"

Sigh, again.

"Well, erm, *goy, this is hard* ::sigh:: I was..... wonderin if maybe, well, I.... kinda have feelings for you that I dont know what to do about and I wanted to ask if you might maybe kinda like me a little

:: Deep breath:: and then we can go back to my room and roll in the sheet sa while like the people on the site expect us to ::another deep breath:: and have a happy realatioshiptogether that pissesoff most of the team till Sabretooth kills oneo fus and pleased on' tkick my assit wasn't my idea".

There. It was out. I sat there and looked at my shoes until I realized he wasn't trying to kill me, then looked up, puzzled. He was still looking at me in mild amusement. I cocked my head at him

"Don' ya have anything to say?"

He shrugged "Yer not my type."

Went back to his newspaper. I was rather taken aback.

"You mean you aren't harboring secret feelings for me?"

"Nope"

serious puzzlement on my part, he still looks amused. I'm starting to hate that look.

"You don wanna sleep with me?"

"Not really, no"

Huh. ::shrug:: "Ok, then. Why?"

Lowering of the newspaper again "Allready tole ya. Yer not my type. Anyway, I'm seein someone already."

Ahhhh, that explains it.

"Cool. Who? Anyone I know?"

Mild grumbling, but I think he's pleased I asked. He mumbles something that might be a name.

"*grumblemumle*"

"What was that? Davina something?"

 Grumbling and throat clearing.

 "David. David Hayter"

 A little taken aback. I thought if he wasnt interested in me, he was straight. Surprises abound.

"Don't think I know him."

 "Probably not. Remember that whole Shadow Moses thing a few years back? The whole thing with Foxhound and that Snake dude?"

"That was him?"

"Yeah. Ya know, he might have a friend for you."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Dude called Otacon, real into anime. Blonde, tall, kinda clumsy, real name's Hal somethin. Interested?"

 "Hell yeah. Maybe I finally have someone to talk about Cowboy Bebop with."

 Grunt

"Didn't know you were lookin"

 Mild surprise

"you, mon ami?"

"Eh, I been known to watch once in awhile"  

>>>3 hours later<<<

"..... So what I don't get is why's he pinin' after a woman who left him so long ago, when he's got love lookin him right in the face about every day?"

"I hear y', but I never t'ought Faye looked at him as more than a friend, y'know? She jus' don' seem de romantic type"

"I meant Jet."

"oh. OH! I see it now!!"

 ::resounding slap to the forehead::

"SHIT! I'm gonna be late meetin David!"

 ::pause::

"Wanna come along, Rem? We're takin his friend shopping before that lab coat grows to his skin. Maybe get you outta that duster, while we're at it"

"give me 5 seconds, ami. If this dude's half that much fun to talk to, I'm gonna marry him. An yer not touchin de coat"

chuckle

"...ya know, I bet he watches Gundam Wing"

::pause::  

"Forget the 5 seconds"

 
::fin::

This was my first fanfic, it popped into my head while I was driving to school this morning. I'm working on another, more serious one, maybe I'll submit it sometime if people don't hate this one. I've been reading from this site a good while, and I like everything almost, except the more severe BSDM and D/s (Sorry, Remy just seems too strong willed to be a sub) and the L/J/S/R pairings, I just never get around to sending feedback ^.^; ::bracing for the inevitable onslaught of tomatoes:: Lu is godlike, I am a faithful minion always! Please don't hurt me! No! Please, anything but the squid! ......